Tuesday, July 21, 2015

God bless stiff-soled shoes

I was in a college cafeteria and they were loading my tray with a mushy-looking cheese pizza, slices of cheese-like food product and fries. I protested and asked if they had salad and they asked what kind. Then I woke up. I started my day with swishing and watering the plants. The deer had been after my garden again. So I hung out dryer sheets on the cages. I did some modified exercises, and juiced carrots and celery. I meditated for a short while. Then I put the gas can in the car and headed to post. I turned in the X-Files season 7 and checked out season 8. Then I went to quilting. I sat near Beverly and we tried out a machine that had come to her for fixing. It was definitely sewing backwards and there was nothing we could do about it. I suspected it had to do with the reverse lever, but we could not get that part of the machine open. Jane said she needed to know if I was definitely going on the field trip next week. I was happy to say that because of my foot I did not feel comfortable going. I tried to look sad. When I left there, I went to the Asian store for kimbap and kimchi. The sprouts were not worth the walk to the back of the store. I asked if they sold gel packs, but they did not. Then I went to the gas station. I filled my car tank first. Then I wondered if the mower needed the same premium gas that the car did. So I put in mid-grade. I only put 4 gallons in the 5 gallon can because I wasn’t too sure about carrying that much weight. Then I went home. I ate the kimbap while reading e-mail. I threw out the old kimchi which had gone bad. I did not know kimchi could do that. I meditated longer, and did some energy work and visualization on my foot because I really wanted to go to the farmer’s market. Denise wrote to me that her father the doctor broke his foot in two places and just put on a pair of stiff soled shoes. So I put on my Nike’s when it came time to leave. I placed the borrowed crock pot in the insulated wheeled bag and went. I parked in the church lot instead of across the railroad tracks. It was 3:30 instead of three but the traffic wasn’t bad. The lettuce was all sold out, but I got some hydroponic tomatoes. I returned the crock pot. I picked up a gallon of goat milk, and then some cucumbers and peppers. Having gotten what I came to get, I went home. It looked like I was driving into a storm because the sky was so dark. In fact it started raining as I brought the insulated bag in. I put the food away. The tomatoes went in a jar on the counter to keep the fruit flies off of them. I cannot figure out why they are still here. I put out my rain collection tubs. I called the sew-n-vac. He said I should bring in the vacuum and he would sell me a used hose for half the price of a new one. I listened to a short isochiral audio. All the longer ones had to be paid for. I made and ate breakfast. I washed the sweet potatoes and yucca roots and put them in a glass dish. I turned on the oven and opened it only to find three bananas. I replaced them with the root vegetables. I checked e-mail again. I wrote to Joyce who wrote me a nice long letter. I listened to some tapping audios, one was for foot pain. I rested with cold water on my elevated foot. I also had the melted ice pack on my forearm. Both arms, wrists and hands ached like I had been typing or handsewing. I watched an episode of X-Files. It ended with “To be continued” so I watched the next one also. Chris skyped me during his lunch hour, then I finished the episode. I stopped by the hall bathroom and realized I was out of toilet paper. I wondered how that got past me. Luckily there was a partial roll in Chris’ bathroom. I pulled the sweet potatoes and yucca root out of the oven and put them in the fridge. I put toilet paper on the list. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* This is the quilt Lauri was working on *

No comments: