Sunday, July 12, 2015

Packing

I got up at 8 when the alarm sounded. I got dressed and went outside to water the plants. I did some of my exercises while the water ran. I checked e-mail and made breakfast. I took a shower and got dressed. I answered a question on Quora. I grabbed some yu-gi-oh cards and manga, as well as the grocery bags. When I got to church, I locked it all in my car. I sat in my pew and wrote checks to the intern fund, the capital fund and the youth group. During the service, the intern asked the kids about superheroes for the children’s message. One little boy went on and on. She couldn’t stop him. After the service, Don asked me about Chris. I almost missed Art taking the offering plates to the back room. I went back to verify the amount of loose cash. Someone put a penny in the offering plate. We talked about the quarterly statements and he changed our time from 2:30 to 4. I left and looked for Heather. I gave the manga bag to her son because she was in a meeting. I talked to Margie. She gave me some stuff to sew/mend. Then I went to Publix for groceries. When I checked out, they only used 2 of the 4 bags, but did not bag the gallon jugs of water or the 4 cup measure. It was really hot in my car in spite of the sunroof being slightly open. I went home and changed clothes and put the groceries away. I saw that Art M called, so I called back. He told me that the ‘building’ fund needed to be renamed ‘capital’ fund on the giving statements. I checked e-mail while finishing the Denise the Menace movie. I cracked open two dried coconuts and freed the meat. I ate some of that but saved the rest for the retreat. I went to church to help Art L count the offering. It took about an hour, going fairly well. I made mistakes but caught them all pretty quickly. We agreed to find a time next Sunday when we could enter all of the data from the first quarter. When I got home, I read more e-mail. I went outside to see what my neighbor was doing with his new Kubota. It had a bushhog on it and a dump bucket. He said it would till as well. But today’s activity was burying fish carcasses. I dare say he will have lots of small visitors tonight. I ate the rest of a root vegetable with butter. I ate a square of chocolate and a banana. I realized I was procrastinating on packing. I went through my laundry basket looking for suitable items. I spent way too long picking red threads off several tops. I decided to pack black and white. But too many of the whites were stained, so I packed black and red instead. I send a pic of the mailbox to the rental agency so they would know it needed fixing. I wanted to pack X-Files but my laptop was not recognizing DVD’s in the drive. So I told it to reboot and went to the computer room to watch the remaining episode of Wooster and Jeeves. It was better than the last episode. But when I returned to my laptop, it had not rebooted. I had to insist. And then it did, slowly. I cut up some chocolate foil while waiting. Then I tried the DVD player. Thankfully it did work, but in doing so, I discovered that there are only two episodes on the last disc of X-Files. I am not sure it is worth taking to retreat just for that. I answered one last e-mail, hoping Chris would skype me before I went to bed. The rental agency e-mailed back that a new stand would be installed this week. I made a list of foods I wanted to pack. I posted to my blog and either went to bed or thought of more to pack.

No comments: