Saturday, July 25, 2015

No mow mower

I stayed in bed through the alarm even though I heard it. I got up late, then turned on the router and laptop. I brushed and swished. I read some e-mail and drank lemon water. I checked for the large spider but he and his web were gone. I swished and then swallowed the vitamin packets while sitting in a chair with a cold water pack on my foot. I looked for info on apoaequorin. I read lots of reviews, both good and bad. I got dressed and watered the plants. I added more dryer sheets to the garden. I tied up one tomato plant with some morning glory vine. I juiced, meditated, and made breakfast. I was eating it when Rebecca rang the door bell. I spoke to her briefly, then put a shoe on my right foot and went down to open the garage. Her husband came to look at my lawn mower. First he looked for electrical problems, but when he put the old blade back on, it worked. Sadly the plastic piece that turns the blade moved out of position. That sparked a new round of tries. The mailman brought me the new mower parts. We used one, but the other wasn’t quite the same as it’s predecessor. After trying the mower without a blade (it ran) and with new and old blades, either the assembly was too loose and the plastic piece would not stay in alignment or it was too tight and it would not turn at all. He recommended that I take it to a professional. They said there was one on their way home and they would determine the name as they went by it and let me know so I can call and see if they work on this kind of mower. I looked next door to see if my neighbor was home, but his truck was gone. He had said I could borrow his push mower. I read e-mail for a while, until I came across Michele’s post on Facebook. I called to talk to her for a bit. Then I went outside to eat some beef. I came in to try the yucca root. I cleared more e-mail, and listened to audios while sewing on the hexecontahedron. I made and ate a sprout salad. Then I took laundry downstairs. I worked on the Shades Of quilt while the laundry got washed. Then I put it in the dryer and came upstairs. Chris was on skype. I checked for the large spider and saw that he was back, guarding the doorway. Chris and I had our conversation and he sang to me. After he hung up, I put rice in one of Chris’ old socks, tied a knot in it and put it in the freezer. Then I watched an episode of X-Files while icing and elevating my foot. I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* This is a stalk of celery that I am trying to regrow in a bowl of water. The ants treat it like their own personal island. *

No comments: