Saturday, July 11, 2015

Mower issues


I got up before 8 to water the plants, although it was after 8 when I came in. I shredded some papers and sprinkled the shreddings in the compost pile. I swished. I read e-mail. I exercised and juiced. I put items in the dishwasher. I looked up the kid of vitamin C that the massage therapist recommended. I didn’t really meditate and then I made breakfast. While I was eating, William called to talk about something he bought on a yard sale. I ran the lawn mower where he could hear it and told him what happened. His diagnosis was that I did not put the blade on correctly. Now that I think about it, I have to agree. I can turn the blade without turning the motor. Something definitely isn’t right. The unfortunate part is that I can’t get the nut loose by holding the blade.
I went to get the mail. The broom handle was not holding the box from the back and was too long to hold up the front. One envelop was for Craig, so I took it next door. He said to bring the mower over so I did. He took off the blade and parts, reassembled, like I had done. Together we tightened the nut, but when I turned it on, it made that sound again. I propped up the front of the mailbox with PVC. Dillon brought over his father’s mower and showed me how to run it. I mowed the ditches in both side yards, then returned the mower. I printed out the mower assembly diagram for my mower. I watched mower repair videos on Youtube and decided the insulator was supposed to go the other way. So I clamped a metal ruler to the blade to hold the insulator while I turned the nut. It came off easily. I turned the thing around, and reassembled it but it did not help. I needed a new insulator. I looked online. Shipping cost more than the part, so I looked for parts nearby. I ‘chatted’ with Sears. The man said to call the parts department. I decided to order the part. I took stuff down for donate pile. I found an unused shadowbox that could go. I came up for my camera, remembered that the massage therapist said my spleen meridian was weak, so I looked up how to strengthen it. I did some of those exercises, and then remembered that I had come up for my camera. I took a picture of the shadowbox, then sorted through Christmas decorations, and stuff on the pingpong table. I found a bag of math papers and sorted through that. I did the laundry, and ran the dishwasher. William called to ask about the mower. I opened a coconut, drank the juice and scraped out the meat. I made egg salad with goat cheese.
I watched a documentary of a young organic farmer. It was sad how hard he worked and how little money he made. But he really loved what he did, and he was adorable. That might have had something to do with his significant other being behind the camera. Then I watched the first episode of Wooster and Jeeves. It was not as funny as the reviews said, but it was only the first episode and maybe they haven’t hit their stride yet. Chris skyped me after a long gaming session and church. He hung up when we hit a bad internet connection. I cleaned up more stuff, finding a cassette tape. I plunked it into a tape player to see what it was. I heard tunes from Hello Dolly. One of them was “It takes a woman”. I found it on Youtube and sent it to Chris. It was sung by Walter Mathau and was followed by Dennis the Menace. I had to shut it down to get to my blog and go to bed.
* This unidentified plant is growing in my flower bed. *

No comments: