Saturday, July 18, 2015

Ordering online


I went to bed late because of the movie, so I did not wake up until the alarm went off. Even then, I stayed in bed for a little while. Then I turned on the router and the laptop. I drank lemon water and sucked down a packed of Vit C and one of vit B (a new product). I read e-mail and listened to an audio. I got dressed and went outside to water the plants. I did not take the walker but was very careful to walk slowly. I also cut back the four o’clocks that fell over in whatever rain we had this week. I pulled a bunch of morning glory vines that were shading out my veggies. I checked on the back garden and saw that the deer are still at it, keeping the plants from regenerating leaves. I picked a small cucumber that was turning yellow. I juiced it with leftover celery, carrots, and some lettuce. The lettuce still had roots on it from the hydroponic farm so I put the remainder in water – just to see what would happen. I did the same with the bottom core of the celery. After juicing, I cleaned up the area. Under the cutting board I found something too small to see but the ants were quite fascinated with it. The Terro I put out last night had not diminished their numbers, but hopefully removing that ‘item’ will. Then I made and ate breakfast. I spent hours first compiling orders for Swansons, Nuts.com and Amazon and then researching deer repellent strategies. I brought up some ‘air freshener’ plug-ins from the basement and scattered them by the garden. I decided to go with smell-based repellents because I don’t have enough leaves to spray with taste repellents. I finalized the Swansons order and the Nuts.com order. I put the laundry in the dryer. Several white pieces were still stained, so I used a bleach pen on them. I went outside to get the mail. I opened the box for the new mower blade and found it dull and scratched. I ‘chatted’ with Sears. They promised to send another one.
I put on my suit and sunbathed to drench the sheet and several cotton balls with sweat. When I came in, I meditated. Chris skyped me before going on a field trip for the day. I reattached the mower blade with the new insulator, but it made the same bad sound. I looked up the manual online and scrutinized the diagram, reassembled it, and the bad noise was gone. But something wasn’t quite right. I turned it off and turned it over. The blade was no longer aligned with the insulator. I compared the old blade with the new blade from every angle, trying to find a difference. I assembled the mower with the new blade and then it would not even start. ??? I sat outside to ponder. I attached the sweaty sheet to the tomato cages to keep the deer away. I closed the patio gates. I plugged in the mower and put the tools inside. I came into my sewing room and did a little clean up. I thought about sewing but decided my foot should have a rest. So I sat with my foot in a bag of ice and worked several puzzles, including the one for this weekend. Then I researched parts for the vacuum that came back from Korea without a hose. When my eyes started to cross, I tried to read up on a condition that Chris’ aunt has, but could not understand it. Then I watched several tapping videos and went to bed.
* This is Bobbie's batik quilt. Isn't it gorgeous? *

No comments: