Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Second day - almost done

I got up soon after 7 I think. I did not sleep well because of the coughing of both roommates. How I woke up early is a wonderment to me. I washed up in the bathroom and got dressed. I came out to the sewing area to see Rebecca already up and sewing. I went out on the patio to swish and exercise. When I came in, she was talking to Bertha. Bertha lent me her power cord but it did not fit my laptop. Soon the breakfast bell rang. I gathered up my cherry rollup and breakfast. I had some of the fruit put out for us, but not the casserole or muffins. It was nice and I ate outside. Then we all worked on our projects. At 1 the bell rang for lunch. We went upstairs for panini and broccoli salad. I had the salad and some fresh coconut. Then we worked until supper. I almost finished my big blocks. Sadly two of my squares were incomplete because of fussy cutting too close. One lady gave me a small piece of black to fill in the missing part. God bless her. I had just finished sewing the last block together when the supper bell rang. We went upstairs for ham, sweet potatoes, and green beans. I asked for a tomato to go with my dinner since she had so many and I skipped the green beans because of the ingredients added to them. For dessert there were peaches. Mine were plain but the others had sauce. Then I watched the last episode of X-Files season 7 in the media room. Susan came in and watched part of it with me. Then she watched Pride and Predjudice. I watched until 9:30 then came down to blog and wait for Chris to skype. I had told him to skype my phone plus Bertha downloaded skype to her small tablet/laptop just for me. Again, due to lack of power, I will upload pics later.

No comments: