Friday, July 24, 2015

'It's not broken', says the tuning fork

Last night when I opened the back door, there was a big spider spinning a web over the door way. I thought of calling the rental agent and saying I was being held captive by giant spiders and needed rescuing. But when I opened the front door, it was clear, which took all the drama out of the situation. I went to bed, I got up at 7:30, thinking it was later. I must have slept well. I drank lemon water, swished, and researched collagen supplements while listening to an audio on intuition. I put Netflix in the mailbox and closed the garage door. I watered my plants, and picked two cucumbers from the recovering vines. I swallowed two vitamin packets. I looked at size 12 machine needles (stocking up for Korea), and decided on the 100 pk of Organ needles on Amazon. William called to tell me he had the mower battery tested and it was weak. I exercised, tapped, and juiced. I meditated, then made and ate part of breakfast while watching a short video about the 5 big ideas in a book called “The Creative Habit”. I changed into fresh clothes and went to see the massage therapist. She was running late so I could have finished breakfast and taken a shower. I told her about my foot and she got out a tuning fork. She said it would hurt if it touched a broken or fractured bone. She struck it, then set it in different places on my foot. It did not hurt. Then when she massaged my calf, she found a really sore spot near my knee. So her guess was that I had a tear in the peroneal brevis tendon or the anteriour talofibular ligament. (I made her write that down since I had no chance of remembering it later). Although we got started late, she worked for a long time on my legs, my back, my neck and head, and my arms and shoulders. I thought for sure she would charge me for an hour and a half, but she didn’t. She did not even charge me for the magnets that she put on my foot, saying she wanted to see if they helped first. Sadly she is booked up for next week and going to a cranial sacral therapy course the week after. I brought my own water, and drank some of it in her office as we talked. Then I came straight home. I finished breakfast and the video from earlier. I was going to sunbathe, but at that point the sun had gone away. So I busied myself assembling the next week’s supplements. I tried to order more of the almost empty ones. But my usual brand was discontinued so I researched others looking for another one that was just as good. The sun came out then, so I sunbathed until I got itchy from the ants. I started listening to an audio on achieving goals. Chris skyped me. I thought he should be at work but it is Saturday for him. We did not talk long because the connection was interrupted so often. I finished my Sudoku puzzles for yesterday and today. I worked on the three shades quilt, finally having to lay it out on my bed as the only flat place big enough. I realized that one of the blocks was not put together correctly. I sat in front of my laptop and resumed listening to the audio while I ‘unstitched’. MaryAnn skyped me. We had a difficult conversation to follow since skype froze every 10 seconds or so. I found my chocolate bar was too close to the laptop and had melted. So I ate some and got it on my fingers which then got on my block. Uggh. I watched an episode of X-Files. I finished the audio and checked for new e-mail. I finished ripping, then went downstairs to sew it back together the right way. I laid it in place on the bed and took a pic. Then I gathered up the blocks and took them downstairs. I cleaned up in the kitchen. There was some turmeric left in a pan and I opened the back door to take it to the compost pile. But the large spider was back, spinning his web. I hope he becomes a bird’s breakfast by morning.
* This is Marjorie's quilt from yesterday. You were hoping for a pic of the spider instead? *

No comments: