Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Sewing classes

I got out of bed just before falling asleep to check the lettuce for slugs. There were none. The next morning I woke up several times as Chris got up early and went running, came home, puttered around, trying to be quiet, but not quiet enough. I got up at 7:15 (the pattern is still running). I posted to my blog and then assembled and took out the recyclables. I read e-mail. Chris did not leave for work at 8 and I started thinking he needed to go. I called Myra to see if she wanted to walk the trail and she did. She passed Chris on the way up. I did my exercises and started watering the flowers. Then we went walking. We were out of shape for the steepness of the trail. We did the entire trail since it was clean enough to brave the slopes. I stopped at her house to see the two new bags she made. They were very nice. We talked until we realized that we needed to get ready for class. I went home to get ready. I finished watering the flowers. I ate some seed crackers. I moved my sewing stuff out to the curb. Kelly’s daughter came over for a cup. I gave her a glass. Myra drove up. I asked Kelly if I could have the dead plant she put out for the trash. She gave me the glass back. Then Myra and I loaded the car. So Young called to see where we were. We jumped in the car and headed for the chapel. There was a space open up front so we took it. We hauled the sewing machine et al inside where So Young and Jackie were waiting. So Young finished her bag and Jackie started her own. They had to leave at noon. Danielle came by and wanted to make a cathedral window quilt. Myra got her started on that. Then Nela came on her lunch break. She tried on the dress that Myra had added sleeves to. She wanted to help with QOV so I gave her some strips to sew. Myra had to leave to meet the guy from Housing. I stayed with Danielle. We sewed until my eyes hurt. I made another QOV block and she finished her sample. Then we packed up and put the stuff in Myra’s car. I drove it to her house and carried the cutting mats to my house. I started making breakfast. Myra stopped by to get her car key. I finished breakfast and read e-mail. I researched and ordered more supplements. I searched my blog for references to my itchy ear. Then I looked at the supplements ordered just prior to that, trying to find the cause. It has been itching for 8 months now. Three supplements fit the bill, but none sounded likely. Then I notice the time was after 6. I meant to go to Anna’s to water her flowers. I called Myra who said she would call Anna’s neighbor. I wrote to my blog the events of the day so far. Myra came by to pick me up. I brought the cutting mats with me. We drove to the FFTC classroom and set up the machines. Evelyn came to help. Then she worked on an apron. Hai Wa came to work on tote bags. Ms. Shin came with rolls of silk hanbok fabrics to sell. I bought one roll, uncertain exactly what to do with it, but it was so pretty. Myra helped everybody. Suzanne showed pics of her daughter in the Elsa dress she made at Disney Land in Tokyo. What a little princess! She wanted Ms. Lee to make a dress but the off-base sewing machine was not working. I told her she could come to my house. Then everyone pitched in to help clean up. Myra took Nela home, and then me. We talked a little bit, then I left her car and went in the house. Chris and I watched an episode of Castle before he went to bed. I finished my blog post and I, too, went to bed.

No comments: