Friday, June 17, 2016

Admiral's visit

I was up late. I walked around the house to quiet my restless leg. Then I slept most of the night, until I heard Chris go to PT, then come back and get ready for work. I got up when he left. I went outside to count the slugs -254. I picked 4 strawberries, but two were mostly eaten, probably by the slugs. I cleaned up dishes in the sink. I started drinking water while listening to an interview on electrical and magnetic fields in buildings. She recommended using Sylvania LED screw-in bulbs rather than the CFL ones. I worked today’s puzzle. The interviewee recommended a movie called “Resonance Beings of Frequency. So I called it up on Youtube. It was very interesting but I paused it to water the potted plants and walk the trail. I watched more of the movie as I made and ate breakfast. Then I took a shower and dressed in my broomstick skirt and blue top. Checking in the mirror, I was dissatisfied with the look. Too casual. But there wasn’t time to change. I walked down to the gym. Uniformed people were milling about. I looked for assigned seating but did not see name tags. I sat and talked to Danielle. Then when I saw the CSO, I asked him and he pointed to my seat. So I sat by myself in the front row center, wondering why we were seated in the center. Later Anna came in, more nicely dressed than I. Suzanne came and I gave her the activated charcoal capsules that she requested for her husband. Then I sat down, and waited. Later she and Anna sat by me. After the 1pm start time, the admirals came in. Chris sat with me and the CO sat on the other side of Anna. Admiral Swift got up on stage and spoke at length about appreciating civilian sailors.
Then he took questions from the audience. I did not understand all the questions. But I listened attentively. Then he had to leave and it was just over. Everyone milled about and I asked Anna for a ride back to our quarters. She dropped me off and went to lunch with Suzanne. I iced my foot while watching the rest of the movie. I ate chicken and kimchi, which went really well together. I took pics of my yard. I blended up the food waste and poured that in the flower beds and watered the plants. I picked a tiny tomato from a tiny tomato plant, and ate it. I poured 1 ½ cups of beer into a spray bottle to go flat. I watched several lessons from the Craftsy class on pattern alterations. Chris came home after 7 and wanted to go walking. I paused the class and we went up to the CO’s house, then down the trail to the gym and around by the baseball field, and back home. Chris made himself supper. I decided not to eat. I started an interview while waiting for Chris. I poured leftover beer in the slug plate. Then Chris and I watched three episodes of Bones. He went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* It was pointed out to me that I should provide pics of the yard of the month. So, here are two of the four. *

No comments: