Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Grounded

I had another long night. Chris helped me to get to sleep, but I woke up early because my right thigh was aching so badly. Chris went to PT and when he came back, told me that they did not do acro-yoga after all. I wrapped my leg with the heating pad for a while. Then I sat at my laptop, checking e-mail and holding an ice pack on my leg. Chris got ready and went to work. I drank water and took my three packets of vitamin C. I did today’s puzzle while listening to an audio. I cut out the pattern for today’s project – a baby bib. I traced the pattern, stitched on the line, then cut it out and sewed it up. I put the tools I used in my bag for later. I made and ate breakfast. Then I grabbed my bag and walked to the chapel for Quilts of Valor. No one was in the classroom, so I set up the machine. I put tables together and laid out the QOV. I pinned the binding on, but there was not enough. So I cut another strip and pieced it on. Then I sewed around the edge ‘till I got to the beginning. I joined the tails and pinned the strip in place. Nela came on her lunch break and told me the story of her friend’s visit. I took just enough time to stitch the remaining 12 inches and turned the machine off. While she was talking, Chris came in with the mail, but nothing important or even interesting. He left and she finished her story. We talked about going to Busan on Monday. Then she left at 1. I packed up most of the stuff and put the tables back, figuring that we would move it all to the other classroom tonight. I walked home in the rain. I read e-mail and looked at sewing videos. I searched Pinterest to find out how to keep other people from posting on my page. Finally I had to submit the question. I created another page and moved the pins in question to it. Later two people answered, saying that I had to delete any ‘collaborators’ listed on my page. I thanked them for their advice. I ate nuts and blueberries. I unpacked a box from days ago. It was the earthing kit I ordered. It contained a device to check grounded outlets. I checked a bunch around the house. I put a patch on my right thigh and plugged it into the ground socket of the wall. Later I made a salad while plugged into the socket in the kitchen. Then it was time to go. I got Chris’ keys and drove the chapel. At first I was alone, but then Princess came and helped me set up. We had to do it in the same classroom, because the people in our regular classroom left their books and papers at their seats overnight. I got her started making the baby bib. Then Nela came to work on a block. Mrs. Cho brought material to make cushions. I could not understand what exactly she wanted, but she seemed to know what she was doing. And then the needle broke. I questioned her on how, but she did not know. I rethreaded the machine, wound a new bobbin and put in a new needle. I helped Nela get her squares into her block. Anna came to make a dress. It was not a beginner project as it had lots of pieces. I measured her and we shortened the appropriate pieces. Then she laid them out. The AC kept blowing the pieces away so we got Mrs. Cho to turn it off. Finally she was ready to cut. And it was 8:30. So I helped her to hasten the process. Princess took the time to trace the bib again on new fabric. Then we all packed up. Actually, there wasn’t much for me to do. We turned off all the lights and closed the doors. The doors did not lock, but there was nothing we could do about that. I took Nela home and went home myself. Chris and I watched an episode of Bones, then he went to bed. I stayed up to blog and clear some e-mail because it had built up so much. I used the grounding wire while I typed. Then I went to bed.

No comments: