Thursday, June 2, 2016

Basketball in the pool

Someone with jet lag woke up in the middle of the night and could not go back to sleep. This unnamed person then woke me up, probably for the entertainment. Then I woke up again early, but after sunrise. I did some mental programming and fell back asleep until my alarm went off. Then I got up. I turned on my laptop and drank a quart of water with activated charcoal. I watered the flowers and veggies really well. I read e-mail, then called Myra to see if she wanted to walk. She had to be back by 10 so we walked the trail almost without stopping. We split up on the way back to see which way was faster to her house. I went home to eat seed crackers. I made another batch and while they were baking, I made mayonnaise. I was out of olive oil so I used sesame oil from the market. I washed the utensils, then made breakfast. Chris came home for lunch. We talked about the two letters from the post office: one saying to present the damaged machine and packaging for inspection, the other saying this was our final notice that the claim is being refused and that we failed to submit the machine for inspection.
I watered the potted flowers again because they seemed dry. I picked some of the lettuce and ate it. I read an article recommending potassium, among other things, for liver health. I put on an audio, then scrubbed the kitchen floor and mopped it. While it was drying, I went with Myra to the ROK base to pay her internet bill at their bank. We don’t have to do that so I am not sure why she does. On the way back we stopped at the NEX. I looked for a Father’s Day card but there were none. We bought hangers and she got a beer to make something to repel bugs and catch slugs. Then she went home and I walked from there. We agree to meet at the pool. But I searched the house and could not find the bathing suit I bought in Seoul. So I put on one from the states. I put a water bottle in my market bag and headed to the pool. Myra was not there yet, so I put my stuff down and stepped into the shallow end. I swam to the deep end and did floaty activities. Myra came and sat down on a pool recliner to read. I noticed a basketball hoop and two balls at the edge of the pool. So I got one ball and practiced floating on my back while throwing the ball. It worked up close but my aim was not so good further away. But it was all fun. I got tired and climbed out. I laid in a recliner for a while, then sat next to Myra. We talked for some time. Then at 5:30 we packed up and went home. I emptied my mop water and hung up the broom. I took a shower and re-dressed. I crushed some raw garlic to mix with the hummus. I sat down to jot notes for my blog. I did today’s puzzle. I bought a class on Craftsy called “Plus size pattern fitting and design”. I watched the first few chapters while Chris fixed himself supper and ate it. Then we watched the last episode of season 6 of Castle from Netflix. Of course it was a cliffhanger. I thought of streaming the first episode of the next season, but when I went to the site, streaming was not one of the choices. Bummer. At 9 Chris had a meeting with Washington DC. So he put on his headphones and I did the same, watching more of the Craftsy class. The instructor covered how to make a paper tape dress form, and how and where to take measurements. After Chris’ call, we tried to call the person at the post office who had sent one of the letters. But no one answered the phone. So he went to bed, and I stayed up just long enough to finish my blog post for today.
* these are the rolls of silk that Ms. Shin was selling Wednesday night *

No comments: