Friday, June 24, 2016

Shampoo and haircut

Chris woke me up early, then got up to shower and that is when I heard the alarm go off. I did some mental programming and then got out of bed. I unhooked the grounding wire. I was getting ready to read e-mail when Chris told me that Community Round-up was at 8:30. I told him I had seen it on Facebook yesterday for 9, the usual time. So he left for work. I got in the shower and used my new shampoo. I liked the way my hair turned out even without the vinegar rinse. But while I was drying off, Chris called to say that Round-up was definitely at 8:30 and he was on his way to get me. So I finished drying and put on pants and a nice shirt. My hair was still wet. He showed up and we left. Only a few people were at Round-up, not having got the word. So it started late. We did not go through 8 weeks, only about 6 I think. Announcements were made and then Yard of the Month was awarded. Our picture was taken and later I saw that my hair was not well arranged. I hung around a bit then decided to go home because I had stuff to do and did not need to be present for the reenlistment ceremony at 10. But on my way out, I ran into the family and friends of the re-enlister so I stayed. The ceremony was scheduled for the turtle ship but because of the rain, it was in the same place as the round-up. It was not a long ceremony, but his family came from the states to be present. Afterward, I rode home with Kelly. She gave me a haircut. I listened to her children shouting and was glad not to have young kids in my house. I paid her and she put my hair cuttings in a bag for my garden. She dropped me off at my house on her way to the commissary. I finished drinking my quart of water. I worked on So Young’s cushion zipper. We had gotten too many layers caught in the zipper seam. I inadvertently zipped it too far and the pull came off. So I took the whole right side out and finagled the pull back on. Then I handbasted the right side in place. I think I will let her sew it. Chris came home with a package while I was basting. Then I made breakfast while he made lunch. I unloaded the dry dishes from the dishwasher and scraped paper label remnants from a bowl. I ate my breakfast while reading e-mail. I worked today’s puzzle. I put together a Swanson’s order. I looked up the meridian that runs under my ear. I renewed my subscription to TQS, and got the free book they offered. I unpacked the package and added them to the supplement dosages for the week. I unloaded the rest of the dishwasher. I put on a tapping video. I was sweeping the floor when Chris came home. A centipede appeared in front of my dust mop, so Chris stepped on it and wiped it up. I finished sweeping the bare floors. I told Chris that someone told me if you crush a centipede, it releases a scent that causes other centipedes to come. But I did not read it on the internet so I don’t know if it’s true. Chris changed his clothes and recounted his day. He made himself supper and I made a salad. I watched an episode of TQS while working on the binding of the quilt. Then we watched three episodes of Bones. Dr. Saroyan did not wear anything I would want to copy in any of the shows. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* I did not take any pics today, so here is another one from acro-yoga *

No comments: