Saturday, June 18, 2016

Hot Springs

I slept pretty good last night, even without taking the melatonin. We stayed in bed late, just not wanting to get up. Finally I did because my brain was rehashing old grievances. I went outside to count slugs. The death toll is 164. I drank a quart of lemon water while I checked e-mail. Actually I spent most of my time watching sewing videos, especially the Craftsy one. She showed how to alter a pattern to fill a fuller arm, a fuller bust, a fuller tummy and a fuller behind. I stopped there to go outside and water the plants. I also took my shepherds hooks, which I bought to hang plants, and used them to stake the tomatoes. They needed it more. I picked a blueberry from my bush. The birds can’t eat them now that I put the fruited branches in a mesh bag. I ate some seed crackers. We had signed up for the trip to the hot springs this afternoon. But since the melatonin brought my monthlys back, today was not a great day for that. We talked about what else was available in the area. I packed my spa bag. I took a shower and got dressed. I made breakfast. I got tickle in my throat that just would not quit, no matter how I tried to cough it up. I tried to scratch it with chopsticks but that signaled my gag reflex. So I ate breakfast hoping that would resolve it. It did not. I paused an audio when it was time to leave. We walked down to the old Duffy’s parking lot. The MWR bus was there. We got on and waited for 15 minutes. Other people came but not everyone who signed up. Then we were driven half an hour to a town with a spa building. I don’t know what all they have available there.
Most of our group went for the public hot springs. I understand there were lots of pools at different temps and a cold pool. And the people were naked. Chris and I opted for the private room. It consisted of one bare room with folded blankets and pillows and a bathroom with a really large tiled tub. We filled the tub with water. It was supposed to be mineral water and maybe it was. I wished I had brought Epsom salts. I had brought a suit but did not need it because the room was private. We relaxed in the hot water for some time. I took occasional cold showers. Then we laid on our towels in the bare room with the oscillating fan on. Chris fell asleep. I went back in the tub and did yoga stretches. I tried lying full out as in a flotation tank, but when my ears were underwater, I could hear voices and running water. I laid out on the towel again. Chris’ set his alarm so we knew when to drain the tub and leave. Everyone else was ready downstairs. We got on the bus and went to a restaurant. One of our guys was three sheets to the wind. I guess there was alcohol at the spa place. We had a nice late lunch/ early dinner. Then we all got back on the bus and went back to the base. Chris and I walked home. I read e-mail and researched a new form of fermented turmeric. Then I made a salad because my salad fixings are getting old. I started an interview, but then Chris was ready to watch Bones. So we saw three episodes. And then it was way past time for bed.
* I did not get a pic of the tub, but here is one of the room, and of the floor in the main entrance. *

No comments: