Sunday, June 19, 2016

Centipedes

I slept pretty well again last night. We went to bed late and maybe that’s why. I did not take the melatonin, but I did drink salt water. I heard Chris get up at 6 and go running. I went back to sleep. I heard my alarm go off and then Chris came in. I did some mental programming and got up by 8. I finished the audio from last night while drinking lemon water. I had plugged the flashlight end of my bug zapper wand last night and a red light was showing. It was still showing red this morning. I took it from the socket and plugged it into the wand. Still not working. So I went on Amazon and sent a message to the seller. At 9:30 I took a shower and got dressed. I listened to the rest of an audio. I went outside to look at the slugs, but did not count them. I found two ripe blueberries inside the mesh bag and ate them. It is doing a good job of keeping the birds from eating the berries on the bush. I had just found and slapped a centipede in the bathroom when Chris came home. He pronounced it dead and gave me a ride to church. The big fellow from last week sat in front of me this week. It was hard to see around him. He came with the supply pastor. First there was praise singing, which I had forgotten to review so I did not know one of the songs. Then communion, and the Bible reading. And a Father’s Day sermon. It broke through my veneer of calm and I shed a few tears. When it was over, I walked out. Chris was waiting, but he wanted to speak to the supply pastor first – some protocol thing. So I sat in the car and tried to compose myself. Then he drove us home. I changed my clothes while he put in laundry. He went to the commissary. I called to ask for ginger root.
When he got back, I was putting ingredients in the bread machine. I spilled the pecans and was trying to pick up all the pieces. I was still very emotional. It seemed like something was off. So I drank some ginger tea with turmeric and salt. I felt better. I decided not to eat today to get my mind back on track. I read e-mail. Akia posted to Facebook that she was bitten on the face by a centipede. Later she posted a pic of her swollen face. The bug zapper people e-mailed me that they were sending me a new one. I watched more of the Craftsy sewing class. My eyes hurt so I decided to sew. Not my best idea. I wanted to convert a crew-neck shirt into a v-neck shirt. Taking off the ribbing on the front of the neck was much harder than I expected. Then when I cut the new neckline, I rounded it without thinking. So I just sewed the ribbing back on, creating a slightly lower neckline. Chris and I went for a walk on the trail. We found some bamboo that might make good tomato stakes. I went to the strawberry bed to count slugs. The toll is now 180. I found three strawberries, one of which had been hollowed out by slugs. I spread a towel by the shed and laid down to rest my eyes. I took a trowel and spread dirt from the ditch on the garden. As I came in, I picked some lettuce from the flats. I could not resist eating it later. I drank more ginger root tea. I printed out the remaining block of the month patterns. Chris was ready early to watch Bones. So we saw four or five episodes. Then he went to bed. I refilled the slug plate with fresh beer and set it out. Now I am posting to my blog in anticipation of going to be myself.
* I could show you before and after shots of the t-shirt but I figured pics of the yard would be more interesting. *

No comments: