Thursday, June 23, 2016

Shampoo

I slept well last night. The grounding pad was plugged into the socket by the bed. The leg it was attached to gave me no problem at all. I heard Chris leave to go running, fell asleep again, and woke up when he got back. I even got up before the alarm went off, feeling fully rested. I drank water and read e-mail. Kurt texted me on Skype, trying to send a picture. I heated water, added turmeric and salt and pepper, then called the gym to ask them to turn on the sauna. I prepared my sauna bag and filled three water bottles. I walked to the gym. When I went into the sauna, someone was there, but she did not stay long. I wore my headphones to play meditation music and I wore an eye mask. I drank two of the water bottles while sweating it out. I left a little early, not knowing what time it was. I took a cold shower, which was very refreshing. I got to yoga class early. We had a full class and kids participated. After class I stopped to talk. I was asked to teach music at the school. I went home and prepared breakfast. Chris came home for lunch. I wiped any sweat off, and changed clothes. I headed to my massage. On the way, I encountered the church pianist. She told me about a place that gives a cheaper massage which is across the street from McDonalds. I got to my massage a minute or two late. I soaked my feet in hot water while relaxing with a cold glass of tea. Then the masseuse took me to a private room to rub me the right way. For some reason, he rubbed under my left ear and it hurt like a son of a gun. But somehow he got it down to a mere discomfort. I wish he had indicated which meridian it was on. The full body massage did not include feet, so I made my appointment for next week for a foot massage. I headed for the market, passing McDonalds. I looked for a massage place but did not see anything obvious. Then I went to Daiso to get the hat Nela wanted, but they had not restocked it yet. Then I wandered, buying cherry tomatoes, nectarines, really long cucumbers, and a branch of aloe. Sadly, after such a good massage, I walked home lugging vegetables. I put the food away, and got out the lawn mower. In case there is an announcement tomorrow about Yard of the Month, I want it to look good. So I trimmed the yard, too. I came in for supper. I ate the last chicken leg. Then I made a salad, and included some dandelion from the yard. Chris came home while I was listening to an audio and eating. I poured some beer into a plate for the slugs. The count is now up to 202. I cut the sharp spines off of the aloe. I used a spoon to scrape out the insides into a small blender. It did not get the lumps out. I added the coconut milk and saw that it was too much for the container. So I poured it all into the kitchen blender. It came out like frothy like milk, and tasted good, too. The shampoo recipe called for it to be poured into ice cube trays, but we could not find any here. So I poured it into silicon muffin cups. It would not fit in the freezer so I put it in the fridge. I put the rest in a container. Then I cleaned up utensils and mess in the kitchen. We ran the dishwasher. We watched two episodes of Bones. I really enjoy seeing the different styles of dresses that Dr. Saroyan wears. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog and delete e-mail.
* This is Nela making two quilt blocks of her own, in the style of our hashtag quilt. *

No comments: