Saturday, June 11, 2016

Chores

As I sit here at 10:30 at night, I am testing my memory of everything I did today since I did not take notes at any time. Let’s see how I do.
I woke while it was still dark. I heard what sounded like someone snoring softly nearby, but Chris was still out of town. Surreal. I tried to go back to sleep, but it dawned on me. As the daylight grew, I knew there was no dozing off. I heard my alarm go off and got up 10 minutes later, but it seemed a lot longer. I checked Hotel California, but the beer had mostly evaporated so very few slugs. I went around the house doing errands which I cannot now remember. I drank a quart of water with lemon in it. I sliced up the lemon peel into small pieces. I pulled some lemon rind from the freezer and sliced it up, too. I spread it on a pizza pan and put it in Chris’ car to dehydrate. I put all the food waste in the Magic Bullet and watered the flower garden with it. I spread the coffee grounds, too. I watered all the plants and even the ones up the hill. I went next door to get some plastic bags that were lying on the ground and I put them in our trash can. We had some trash out back as well, and I put it in the same yellow bag. (Anything not in the prescribed yellow bag will not be picked up.) I clipped off all the dead flower heads in all the pots and in the beds. I put coconut oil on my hair to moisturize it. I tried to read e-mail, but my laptop was incredibly slow due to the CPU maxing out on Firefox. So I moved to the desktop. I printed out the letter I wrote to the post office and put it in an envelope with the original missive from the post office here. I was going to take it to the post office, but I did not want to be seen with oily hair. I did the Sudoku puzzle for today. I made and ate breakfast. I made up another batch of spice mixture, and the flax/chia seed mixture. I made up supplements for the week. What was running out, I added to a running Swanson’s order. As I read articles in e-mail, I added a few more recommended products. I took some Megahydrate, but did not notice any effects. I did some tapping in the late afternoon. Chris came home just after 5. I opened the door for him. He set up his laptop and proceeded to read e-mail. Later he got cozy and we fell asleep. Then he made his supper and I made a salad. I drank some mint tea made from mint that I clipped from the front bed. I added fresh beer to the slug hotel. I listened to an audio on workouts and primal diets until Chris was ready. Then we watched “The Lakehouse”, a movie I used to watch several times a day when I worked at the theatre counting people. There was much I did not remember, but I did not forget how it turned out. We looked up several of the actors. And then it was time to blog and go to bed.
* This is a handmade quilt that Suzanne showed me yesterday. i forget what country it is from. There is no batting, but someone handquilted it every half inch or less. *

No comments: