Thursday, June 16, 2016

Yard of the Month

I got up several times to go to the bathroom during the night. After the last time, the restless leg sensations started up. No amount of stretching would quiet them. I drank some water and eventually I went to sleep. But it did not seem like long enough when I heard Chris get up and start coffee. I tried to go back to sleep but that did not work. I did some mental programming for a good day. I got up about 8. I swished and checked e-mail. I took my three packets of Vit. C. I heated water and made ginger tea. I did not water the plants because it had rained. I filled three water bottles with hot water and salt and minerals. I called the gym to heat up the sauna. I got dressed in my bathing suit and yoga clothes. I grabbed my mat and headed to the gym. I signed in and got a locker key. I asked them to turn down the music and they turned it off. I sat in the sauna with my mp3 headphones in the dark. It was really nice. When the session was over, I came out and could not find my locker key. I looked everywhere, as did the cleaning lady. The ladies from the front desk came and one of them found it wedged between the slats of the seating area in the sauna. Then I took a shower and got dressed. I was late for yoga but yoga was late, too because no other students were there. So then Joelle and I stretched until Diamond came. I wore my new yoga pants and discovered that they were hot. But we all sweated together. We had to stop at noon so that the staff could prepare the gym for the admirals’ visit tomorrow. When I got home, I saw the Yard of the Month sign in our yard. I wondered if Chris knew. I put my sweaty clothes in the washer and made breakfast. Chris came home with a package. He did not know about Yard of the Month. I ate and checked e-mail. I washed again and changed my clothes. I put Epsom salts and jojoba oil in my bag, Then I walked to the massage place. I had signed up for the Emperor massage: 130 minute, full body. The first part, lying face down, was really good. The second part, lying on my back was not so good. My lower back complained. The third part, stomach massage, made me forget my lower back. And then I sat up for the last part. He did a good job and I thanked him. I went home to drink the rest of my salt/mineral water. I had my blog post mostly written up to that point, but Windows crashed while I was gone and did not save my notes. I searched and searched, but had to recreate from scratch. I read lots of posts about RLS. I made some notes of things people had tried. Someone wrote not to eat sweet potatoes. I read that while wolfing down the dehydrated pieces. Chris came home from reciting the rosary. He made himself supper. He took the dehydrated pieces away from me. I worked today’s puzzle. I gave the slugs fresh beer. I made myself a salad (no slugs). I ate it while reading e-mail. I listened to an audio and engaged in FreeCell. Then Nela called to see if I was going to Ladies Night tonight. But I was too tired from the restless nights. While I talked to her, Chris set up my laptop to stream Netflix to the TV. Then we watched two episodes of Bones. Chris went to bed and I stayed up just long enough to post to my blog.
* This is a comparison shot of my two sweet potato slices (one is dehydrated and the other is still fresh) and one from the market. *


PF

No comments: