Thursday, June 9, 2016

Mrs. Lee

I woke up hearing Chris. He came back to get ready for work. Then I heard my alarm go off. I got up to get the house ready for Mrs. Lee. I picked up, put away, cleaned, wiped, dusted and swept with a broom. I even cleaned the front porch. I ate a few seed crackers. I watered a few plants. I wet my hair and tied a scarf over it. I always wondered why older women sported a short hair in a puffy, round style, and now I realize that older hair does that automatically and it is hard to stop it. Suzanne showed up around 9 with Mrs. Lee, the sewing lady. I invited them in and showed her my workspace. She said the table was too big and wanted the dining room table, but it was full of Chris’ stuff. So I took her back to my sewing room. I showed her a picture of MaryAnn and Bob and she recognized them with a big smile. Then she adjusted the height of the ironing board and asked for a different seat. Suzanne made her some instant coffee. Suzanne had pictures of what she wanted and discussed them in Korean. I did not think her fabric would do what I saw in the picture. Finally Mrs. Lee was satisfied and told Suzanne she could leave. So Suzanne and I talked in the living room, peeking occasionally to see what Mrs. Lee was doing. When we saw her lay out the fabric on the floor in that small room, we told her she could bring it out to the living room, but she declined. Suzanne’s daughter amused herself with a smart phone. I shared some of my superfoods. At 11 I said it was time for yoga. Suzanne had not brought yoga clothing so I gave her my smallest shorts and t-shirt. She drove the three of us to the gym. We worked out with Joelle. Then Suzanne dropped me off at home while she went to buy Mrs. Lee a tuna sandwich (her choice of lunch). Soon after I got home, Chris came home for lunch. I fixed breakfast and gave Mrs. Lee a snack to tide her over until her sandwich arrived. Suzanne delivered the sandwich and brought some French fries for her daughter. But her daughter was fussy so they walked down the street to get a fermented apple smoothie. I took a shower to get ready for my massage. I got dressed then called Suzanne to see where she was. She was on the front porch! I let her in and she offered to drive me to my massage appt. Yes! So she drove me out in town and came back. The clerk at the massage place told me that Mr. Kim, my usual masseus, was gone on an emergency. So I picked the younger of the two remaining people, Ms. Wong. I got the usual foot soak. The clerk remembered my container from last week. I sat and relaxed. Then Ms. Wong came to dry my feet and take me to the massage room. I sat in the chair and she made it lay back. Then she gave me a massage similar to the one Mr. Kim gives. It was a very pointed massage, digging deep into my feet. It seemed like reflexology. Afterward, I paid, but it was less than I thought. He showed me which massages were discounted in June. So I picked the 130 minute massage for next week. I walked to Daiso to get the small watering can. I wandered through the market to see if anything struck my eye. I called Suzanne to see if she needed anything, but she did not answer. I headed home. She called on the way to say Mrs. Lee was finished. So I quickened my pace. It was only 4, but the lady was tired so Suzanne was going to take her home. We discussed my picking her up tomorrow because Suzanne had a busy morning. I was going to have her make a pair of pants (which I could then use for a pattern). They left. I pulled out fabric and things I wanted copied to see what other things I could get made (into a pattern). Chris came home just long enough to gather his packed items. I packed up his laptop. Then he met the taxi waiting outside and got driven to Masan to the KTX station. He was on his way to Seoul. Continuing my project, I thought I had two pieces of coordinating fabric for a dress that I have always been afraid to cut into. But I could not find them anywhere. They must be in storage. I took a break to make a salad for supper. I considered more possibilities for my fabrics. I cleared Chris’ stuff from the dining room table. I sat to read e-mail, and found a message from Suzanne canceling Mrs. Lee’s visit for tomorrow because her car battery was dead. Oh well. I made ginger and rosemary tea. I mixed up some hummus with fresh garlic. I listened to an audio while doing the puzzles for yesterday and today. I cut up sweet potatoes and steamed them over a large pot. Then I sliced the pieces and put them on cookie sheets which went into the oven to dehydrate. I went back to my laptop to write today’s blog post.
* This is the lady who made a baby quilt in one evening as her sewing first project! (not Mrs. Lee) *

No comments: