Monday, June 27, 2016

To market, to market, to buy ... dress fabric!

I put a note in an envelope last night to go in the mail today. Then I drank water with magnesium in it. I went to bed expecting to get up in the middle of the night, but I did not wake up. I heard my alarm go off at 7:30. I did some tapping. I heard the sound of a text message on my phone so I got up to read it. Anna said she’d be here at 9 to pick me up. So I texted Nela and So Young. I drank a quart of water and checked e-mail, but there wasn’t much. I got my bag ready to go to the market. I washed myself from the washbowl, having read about the benefits of not using soap or shampoo because they disturb the skin’s microbiome. I got dressed and made the bed. I watered the plants. I counted the slugs without removing them from the plate. There were about 20 so the count is now 232. I ate some seed crackers, then put a baggie of walnuts in my bag. I grabbed my Xero shoes and went outside to put them on. But Anna was parked at the curb, so I kept going. I put my shoes on in her car while we picked up Nela. I gave Nela the coconut butter and she put it in her kitchen, then we got in the car. Anna drove us to So Young’s apartment complex. We were a little early so we waited. Then we were on our way to Busan, but the GPS was doing funny things. We had to stop for me to pee. Then when we got to Busan, finding parking was not fun. Anna’s son was very impatient. He said he was hungry but when I offered him walnuts, he refused. Finally we found a spot. We got out and walked across the street to the main building. First we looked for couch fabrics for Anna, but she gave up trying to find it as cheap as in Daegu. Then we were looking at dress fabrics. Yes, I bought some myself. I even got metal loops. They were for keys, but I think they will work for purse handles. Finally So Young asked around for lunch options. Someone recommended a restaurant and we went there. Nela and I had the eel soup. The others got bulgogi. There were a ton of side dishes. It was all good to me, but Anna’s son did not like hardly any of it. We paid and walked out. Nela showed us where the interfacing store was. I got some fuseable lightweight and stretch. Then we found the car and went home. The GPS was not a lot of help. We dropped off So Young and came back to base. We dropped off Nela and then myself. I took my bags inside and dropped them. I made breakfast and ate it while clearing e-mail. There was not much. I got out my fabrics and took a pic. Then I looked up a possible class project on the desktop. But it was running slow, so I moved to the laptop. Chris came home for supper. He fixed his usual supper. I threw today’s fabrics in the washer. When Chris was done eating, we sat down to watch The Emperor’s New Groove streamed from Netflix. Then Chris went to bed, before 9, so he could get up at 2 for a teleconference. I took my fabrics to the back to iron them. Then I searched for a coordinating set for the project. I brought two out to the cutting table to cut the desired rectangles. I took a break to watch a tapping video. It turned into a long break and I never got back to sewing. Now it is time to very quietly go to bed, allowing Chris to sleep until his teleconference.
* Auditioning a piece of fabric in the market. Wonderful feel, but not worth the $30 price tag. *

No comments: