Saturday, June 10, 2017

A day at home

I slept so well last night even though I got to bed late. And we slept in. It was 9:30 when I got up. I drank a quart of water and checked e-mail. I finished the video I was watching when my skype call came last night. I did some yoga stretches and realized the floor was dirty. So I used the dust mop on all the bare floors. I dusted off the mop outside. Then I vacuumed the livingroom rug and emptied the Hoover. I also cleaned the filter. Then I read e-mail again. I had hoped there would be some word about where we are to go next, but Chris had no e-mail on that subject. So much for the promise that we would find out this week.
I got dressed and boiled water for breakfast. I added water to the ginger boiled last night and put it in the coffee pot. I e-mailed Chris the FRG permission form so he can submit it on Monday for the CO's approval.
I posted the FRG meeting to the Facebook page with a silent prayer that people will step up to the tasks and positions needed. I ate breakfast outside in the sunlight.
I spent the afternoon reading e-mail, then breaking down boxes, rifling through my sewing patterns, and doing yardwork. I played on my tablet for while, but it was running out of battery power. No matter where I plugged it in, it said it wasn't charging. Finally I turned it off. I sewed a netting bag and put it over one of the blueberry bushes. I watered my plants. I looked into detox baths, trying to find a recipe I had seen last week or the week before. But I could not find it. I posted the last two months of sewing photos to my sewing album, and the last of the cherry blossom pictures.
Chris did the laundry and I was so absorbed that I did not stop to fold it. He did it. He also made his usual supper. I washed and ate what was left of the lettuce, plus a tomato and sprouts and the rest of the hummus. I read e-mail until after 8. Then Chris sat with me and we watched three episodes of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. We had some couple time after that. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* The petunias are doing well, in spite of needing bigger pots. *

No comments: