Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Reading to kids

I got up early because Chris had already gone to work. I got dressed and took out the food waste. I saw Korean men in our back yard digging up weeds.
I made tomorrow's project and took pics. Then I made up 12 days worth of supplements.
I made breakfast and ate it while checking e-mail. Chris came home for lunch. After he left, I listened to some tapping audios. I ordered more supplements.
Then I put on nice clothes and the potato necklace. I had the unpainted chunks in a bag with some other supplies. I walked to the CYP and arrived 10 minutes early. I signed in. There were two kids playing on a computer. There was nothing set up. I set up my part of the craft. I asked about paint and drop cloths. I was handed large placemats and told the paints were in the corner. They were jugs of paint with pump spouts. Finally she gave me a paper plate to put paint on. But many of the spouts were dried shut. I had to open and pour them. I set up the project, then called the kids over. They paused whatever they were watching on the computer but a soundtrack continued to play. Since they kept glancing over at it, I tried to stop it, but could not find what was playing. So I searched the desktop until I found the volume and turned it down. Later I found out that it was a mac, so no wonder everything was in the wrong place.
I showed the kids how to paint the potato beads. The boy only wanted to paint three. So while the girl continued to paint, I had the boy pick out a book for me to read to them. It was a long book and the kids had to quit early to go to swim lessons. I stopped reading and had them start stringing beads. But her beads weren't dry and he wasn't enthused about the project. I cleaned up the stuff I brought and talked to the director. Then I headed home.
Dynee texted me wanting to walk. So I changed clothes and we walked the trail.
Then I watered the plants even though it looked like rain. I ate some chicken for supper. Chris came home and handed me the coupon for meat that I won at the commissary.
I posted the sewing project to Facebook. I ate a big bowl of cucumber. Then I changed clothes, and we headed out to the theater for the town hall meeting. Dynee and Ryan were just driving by so we caught a ride with them.
But the town did not show up. I sat with Myra and Dynee and Nickie, and met Nina. I gave Myra her bobbin back, and then the meeting started.
The CSO went through two lists of events. Lots of people spoke about their event. There was lots of stuff coming up that we won't be here for. The CSO went around the room and invited each of us to speak. I mentioned the FRG. Then Ryan spoke. Finally the CO talked about a few things. He read my note to the whole gathering: the one that I put in the suggestion box about getting the pews back. Then chaplain made his rebuttal; talking about how the chairs make the chapel more versatile in serving community functions as well as chapel functions. Then the meeting was over. I spoke to Scott, and to the CO. Then we went home with Dynee and Ryan.
I made a big bowl of watermelon to eat while we watched TV. We saw two episodes of Lucifer. Chris went back to his laptop. And I wrote up my blog post before going to bed.
* drawstring bag for sewing class project *

No comments: