Sunday, June 25, 2017

Food near and far

I slept ok last night, but still had night sweats. I decided to go off progesterone cream for the week.
I got up before 8 to grate ginger for a detox bath. But Chris had other ideas. So I got a late start. I looked up the recipe and decided on the half cup one. So I dissolved half a cup of sea salt, half of Epsom salt and half of baking soda in the tub of hot water. I put half a cup of fresh grated ginger in a mesh bag and let it soak in the water. Then I got in for 20 minutes. The ginger was supposed to promote sweating, but it did not work.
I washed off and got dressed nicely. I put on earrings. I crushed some garlic and mixed it with hummus. It was good on seed crackers. Then it was time for the service to begin.
I went to the chapel Facebook page. The Catholic service was still showing as a replay. I refreshed the screen until the Protestant service began. I watched it live all the way through.
After the service, Chris and I drove to the commissary for groceries. Elizabeth was there and said if no one else stepped up for the FRG positions, she would take one. Chris and I picked out some cuts of meat to spend our coupon on. Then we checked out. The clerk did not know how to ring up the coupon so she called someone and asked. Jadyn was learning to bag groceries and handed me three, Chris picking up the rest. I drove us home.
We put the groceries away. Then we walked out in town to the traditional market. Lots of stands were closed, but we found watermelon, and cucumber for me and onions and peppers for Chris to cook with the beef. As we walked back, Chris pulled ahead, even though he was wearing a backpack with a watermelon in it.
As I passed Myra's parking lot, she was coming out of her apartment. So I waited to speak to her. We decided to walk back to town tomorrow. Then she left for the commissary.
When I got home, I put the cucumbers in the fridge. I read e-mail and listened to an audio. I paused it when it was time to go to the movie. We walked to the theater. Chris paid for the tickets and I asked about getting helium. The clerk wrote down a cell phone number for me. Then we went into the auditorium to wait for the movie to start. Nickie and Ron were in front of us and we talked to them until the lights dimmed.
We saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. We sat through the credits to see the teaser for the next movie. Then we hit the restrooms and walked home.
I finished the audio. It was an interview with John Gray about his new book. By then it was getting a little dark. So I ran out to water the plants. It takes a lot longer now that I am watering Dynee's plants, too.
When I came in, I ate the last of the previous watermelon. I also made a cucumber and tomato salad. Then I read some e-mail and finished the fish kite. I started another audio and listened until Chris was ready to watch TV. We tried something new called Turn. It was about rebels and loyalists in colonial times. I found it very gory and a little confusing. Chris promised that we could watch something else tomorrow night.
I typed up my blog, ready to go to bed to get an early start to my day tomorrow.
* Auditioning a bowl to display lemons at the event. *

No comments: