Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Bad coconut

I did not sleep well last night. Worries about the craft and Open Base kept going through my mind. Whenever the night sweats hit, I went to the kitchen to get cold water or ice cubes.
When I got up, it was after 9. I drank some water and washed my hair. I called Christine to make sure they had the supplies on hand at the CYP.
I assembled the fish craft supplies I wanted for me. I glued the pattern to a beer box to make it easy to trace around.
I listened to a tapping audio. The sound quality was poor so I found myself distracted and folding laundry. I decided mine was too wrinkly, so I put it in the dryer with a wet wash cloth. When I pulled it out, the wrinkles were mostly gone. I put my clothes away, then made and ate breakfast.
I opened the coconut that I bought yesterday. The water did not taste good, so I ran it through a coffee filter. That made it taste a little better. Then I ate some of the meat. It was not good so I threw it all out.
I started cutting up the watermelon so it would fit in the fridge. Myra came over to get a little stool that was a match to the one she had. We chatted for a bit. I gave her some blueberries from the first bush on our fence line.
After Myra left, I finished cutting up watermelon and sealing chunks in a bag. I scraped all the remaining red pulp from the green part and ate it. I read some e-mail, and texted a bunch of people.
I got texts back as I was leaving for CYP. Somehow I forgot to take the sample fish. There were three kids, but only two wanted to do the fish kite craft. Christine gave them some colored paper. I helped them trace and cut. Christine cut out tissue paper squares and streamers. I tried to use my glue pen to glue their fish halves together, but it didn't come out well, and dried too quickly. Christine put out a coffee filter and poured some glue in it. The kids preferred glitter to tissue paper. So I helped them apply glue and glitter and to pour the excess glitter back in the bottle. Then the third one decided he was ready to make a fish. It was getting late, so I read them a sequel to the story of the Rainbow Fish. I helped clean up. We talked briefly about lemonade. Then I left, without saying “See you next week.”
I went home and dropped off the fish stuff and picked up the empty gallon water bottles. I walked down to Maria's house and met her coming back from the doctor. We sat in her living room and talked about the logistics of lemonade for the open base event. We talked until her husband came home from work. Then I left.
When I got home, I checked e-mail. It wasn't long before Chris came home from work. We ate some leftovers. I went outside to water the plants and do some trimming. I ate watermelon when I came in.
I jotted notes for my blog and resumed a tapping audio. I remembered some red and teal scraps I wanted to use for a small mat project. I found the bag of scraps in my sewing room, but they were not uniform sizes like I had remembered. I went to my Pinterest page to find out when I made the blocks. Then I went to my blog to look up how I made the project that the scraps came from. But apparently I did not write the process down. I took the opportunity to update my Pinterest page with my latest projects.
Having jointly agreed not to watch Turn again, Chris chose Schitt's Creek from a list that a coworker gave him. We watched part of one episode. It was not for us. I suggested The 100, a shot in the dark. We watched two episodes of that and felt like we had something we could watch until the episodes ran out.
Afterward, I emptied all the ice cube trays into a bag, then refilled them with water (as opposed to ginger tea). Then I sat down to finish my blog and go to bed.
* This is a fish one of the kids decorated. *

No comments: