Monday, June 12, 2017

Finishing the flyers

I had a hard time sleeping last night. The night sweats left me cold and shivering. I heard my alarm go off at 7:30. I waited for Chris to go to work. By then I had fallen asleep so I did not get up until 9.
I wanted to play relaxing music on the desktop, but it had turned itself off and it took a long time for it to reboot. I boiled water for coffee. I drank water and did my exercises. I swished. When the computer was ready, I found something on Youtube that sounded relaxing. I meditated and tapped for more than an hour. Then I started cleaning the kitchen. And Chris came home for lunch, which meant I was in his way. I finished the kitchen, then sat on the front stoop and ate seed crackers in the sun.
Lacee texted me to come over and help her make a list of what she needed at the fabric market. I contacted Myra to see when she wanted to finish handing out flyers. We agreed to meet in half an hour. I put away laundry and counted my flyers. I printed out one more sheet – which made two flyers. Myra still wasn't here so I started scanning instruction sheets into the desktop and printing them out for Lacee. I don't know why it took so long for the printer/copier to scan and save and print. It made copies very quickly. Finally I called Myra and she was involved in a conversation. She came over when she was done. While I was waiting for her, Dynee came over with her quilt. She had found holes in it: places where the stitching let loose or didn't catch. I sewed one up just as Myra arrived. Dynee took her quilt home.
Myra and I walked down the street, knocking on doors and leaving an FRG flyer if no one was there, or handing it to the person who answered. Kelsey showed us her new baby. She was so sweet. Myra held her but I didn't, just in case I had caught something in China.
Terri was also home. We had quite a chat with her and she agreed to come on the market trip. Bernie was also home, and being visited by Elisa. The four of us talked about things the FRG could do.
Then Myra and I walked down the other side of the street. We ran out of flyers at the end. She went home and I went to print out one more flyer, cut it in half, and left it on the last two doors. Then I went home to grab a bag of fabric. I walked to Lacee's house. She showed me the fabric that she had and asked what I would buy to go with it. She also showed me a book that she wanted to make a project from.
I went home to have some chicken. I saw my tablet charging on the counter top. I started playing 2048 again, continuing the last game. I watered the plants, replaced the hanging dahlias with purple petunias, and put out small red petunias where the purple ones used to be.
I played 2048 until Chris came home from work. He made himself supper. We didn't start watching TV until 9. I got a plate of frozen strawberrries from the freezer. I ate most of them while watching the two episodes. They made me very cold, but at least I wasn't having hot flashes.
After the show, Chris checked e-mail one last time and went to bed. I put away the last few strawberries and checked my e-mail, mostly to delete stuff I wasn't ever going to read. Then I typed up my day. I realized that I had missed breakfast, but I felt pretty good. I posted to 8my blog and went to bed.
* This was a picture in one of Lacee's books. *

No comments: