Monday, June 5, 2017

Coconut day

Last night, I soaked my feet in a tub of hot water and Epsom salt. The doctor on the ship had recommended it for hot flashes and I had finally remembered to try it. I suppose I got to sleep earlier, but still had hot flashes during the night.

I woke up early and noticed Chris was gone from bed. I waited for him to come take his shower, but he did not. Then I heard my alarm, signifying that it was 7:30. I left the bedroom to find he was playing his computer game. I did my exercises and drybrushing. He finally took his shower, got dressed and went to work. I think he was late.
I made coffee and meditated and tapped. I listened to one interview from the summit. Then I started cleaning. First I washed a silk shirt and the other cushion cover in the tub. Then I hung them out to dry. I started cleaning the kitchen when Chris came home for lunch at 11:30. I finished the kitchen (except for the large black pot that had to soak) and then did the bathrooms. Chris told me that in the absence of orders and for planning purposes I should aim at July 8th as a moving date. He had lunch and went back to work. I ate the rest of the remaining coconut.
Myra messaged me about going for a walk. I put on my shoes and got the baggie of garlic from the fridge. (She was going to make a bug spray). I walked down to her place and gave her the garlic. She showed me all the plants around the quad. Most were awfully dry. Then we walked the trail and back to my place. We got some water and walked again, but not all the way this time. We went to her house and she showed me a video her daughter made for mother's day. Then we went to my house and I showed her all the stuff I bought in China.
After she left, I checked e-mail and ate some coconut flakes with fermented coconut milk and coconut oil. I wanted to see if coconut was difficult for me to digest. I felt no discomfort, but my stomach seemed puffy.
I went to my sewing room to pick out some fabrics to make two nine-patches. I didn't care about the color scheme, but wanted to use scraps rather than cutting yardage. I cut them in the cutting room and ironed them in the sewing room. I did not get enough blocks out of the white so I sewed scraps together to make up enough. Once the two blocks were made, I cut them in quarters, rearranged them and sewed them back together. I was not able to match all the intersections. The idea was to make a tube to hold bags and then I realized it needed to be lined because of all the seams. So I looked for some uninteresting fabric and cut it to match the rectangle I had made. I also cut strips for casings on top and bottom. had to think hard about how to attach the linings and casing. I made a super long tube and shoved the lining inside. Not sewing over the casing sandwiched between the lining and piecing was awkward. I added a ribbon to the upper casing and sewed the lower casing on. I threaded elastic through it. Then I satin-stitched the lining to the casing. Should have done the elastic last. Oh well.
I tried filling it with bags and it did not hold much. I decided the next ones would have to be build with 4” squares instead. I hung it on the front door and photographed it. I sent it to Lacee via Facebook.
Chris came home just as I was going out. I watered all the potted plants and the vegetable garden. I put out a can of beer, divided into two red plates, for the slugs. I made myself a tomato salad with sprouts. I read e-mail as I ate. Then I played with my tablet. Chris came over to watch TV. We saw two episodes, finally getting to the end of the story. Then Chris went to his laptop and I went to mine. I processed a few e-mails, and then typed up my blog.

No comments: