Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Sewing class and a surprise

Last night I stayed up late looking at projects on Pinterest. But when I went to bed, I must have slept well, because I did not wake up early. If I had nightsweats, I slept through them. And I did not hear my alarm go off. I woke at 8:30 and knew Chris was gone because his suit hanger was on the bed.
When I saw that it was 8:30, I got dressed and put out the recyclables. There was a pesticide truck across the street. But I did not see any spraying around our housing.
I drank a quart of lemon water and checked e-mail. I also ate some seed crackers. I took a shower and got dressed. Myra called to say she'd turned on the AC and was going to get Chantal. I packed up the sewing machine that now belongs to So Young. I put the donation fabrics in my bag along with ribbon and the class sample. Chris came home for lunch. Then I rolled the machine down to Housing. I started setting up the room. Dynee came in to help and soon the others were there as well.
We set up all the machines. So Young showed off the outfit she had partially made. Someone else showed me a pic of a quilt she had made and sent off. Chantal made last week's project while I helped the others make the drawstring bag. Myra went through all the baskets of fabric and sorted them by size and type. She handed me some items that were mine to take home. I warned So Young to take it easy on the machine. She said she had another with the same problem. Myra told her to bring it in sometime, and she replied that we could fix it when we go to Ms. Chong's house tomorrow. ??? As it turns out, they were planning a surprise going away party for me, but few knew about it.
We were all packed up by three. As we filed out, I told Myra I needed to speak to her in her official capacity and she promised to call later. I went home and ate the sweet potato that So Young had given me. I also ate a LOT of watermelon. Myra called and we talked about letting the kids serve lemonade at the open base event. We both tried to look up the appropriate Op Nav instruction but could not find it.
Then Dynee knocked on the door. She had an unfinished zippered pouch that she wanted help with. I went over to her house to advise. It was not going as expected. Then we sat outside on her doorstep drinking Berkey water and waiting for Myra. She and Ryan showed up about the same time. Myra said she went to Medical and they said it was ok (to let kids serve and sell lemonade). Then we all talked about going to Ms. Chong's house for the party tomorrow and getting back for Dynee's appointment at 2 and mine at 3. Alicyn joined us for awhile.
Then the group broke up. I checked e-mail and listened to an interview from the Lyme summit. Chris came home from work. When the interview was over, I ate some chicken, then went out to water the plants. The sky was overcast, but I didn't trust it to rain.
When I came in, I cleared more e-mail and did some tapping. Then we watched three episodes of Miss Fisher, finishing the first season. Chris went back to his laptop and I typed up my blog, intending to go to bed afterward (and hopefully sleep really well.)

No comments: