Friday, June 30, 2017

Making ice and getting ready

With the fan and AC on, I slept pretty well. I was dimly aware of Chris getting up to go running. I would have gone back to sleep, but when he opened the bedroom door, a mosquito came in and made a beeline for me. I tried to hide under the sheet, but had to come back up for air. Finally I raced out to the living room for the electric racquet. I must have let more mosquitoes in, because lying in bed, waving the racquet, I eventually killed 4. After that, I think they were gone, but the buzz in my ears remained so I was not able to sleep again. It occurred to me that if you could tune the buzzing and use it as music, it would be the most irritating music in the world. Chris came back from running and played on his laptop. At 7:30 he came back to get ready for work. Again, a mosquito followed him and found me. After he left for work, I got up out of frustration.
I emptied and refilled the ice cube trays. I drank a quart of water. I sent info to Kelsey to advertise our open base fundraising on the community page. I looked up mosquito music on Youtube and discovered that there is mosquito repellent sound. I listened to part of an interview on 5G and the biological effects.
I paused it when my tapping buddy called on Skype. It was her turn again because I had two turns. The call went almost 2 hours.
I finished the interview and called Myra. She picked me up and we went to the NEX and then the commissary. I got some lemons and pink lemonade (since the yellow lemonade was sold out). It turns out that the Navy Ball committee is selling lemonade tomorrow as well.
Then we went to the gym to get ice. But they said their ice machine was broken. Myra didn't believe it. I asked to pick up the 10 gallon dispensing cooler, but they did not have one, so they gave me two 5- gallon ones. Myra thought that was better, but I thought it was going to be more work and take up more space on the table. She took me home.
I washed the two coolers. Maria came over with a borrowed ice chest from Bernie, plus tablecloths and aprons from the PTO.
Lacee walked with me to Daiso. I bought more ice cube trays in different shapes, like stars and circles. She got a toy for her son. Outside Daiso, I bought two begonias for Dynee's front yard. We walked back to base. She went home and so did I. I drank some water with ginger ice cubes in it. Also some coconut water. I emptied a set of ice trays and refilled them. I washed all the new trays. I went next door for some Berkey water. I filled the new trays and put them in the little fridge.
I drove to the Nex and got a bag of ice. Only one bag would fit in my insulated carrier. I brought it home and put it in the freezer. Then I went over to Myra's place to give her two limes (for Scott). She gave me a pitcher of lemonade and a frozen can of the same. I took them home. I poured the pitcher into 6 or 8 small plastic vessels and they went into the freezer. I mixed up the frozen can with Berkey water and poured it into plastic vessels to freeze overnight.
Then it was time to water the plants, even though it was getting dark. It rained last night, but I wanted to be sure the potted plants were hydrated. When I came in, I made another set of ice. Then it was time to watch TV.
Because Chris has a midnight call, we watched extra episodes. We chose to quit at 11 because the next episode is of a two-parter. I posted to my blog, not sure if I was going to bed or waiting up to hear the call.

No comments: