Thursday, June 8, 2017

Getting signatures

.
I listened to a CD last night, one designed to help me fall asleep. But it didn't work. A mosquito kept buzzing in my ear so I tried to keep covered with the sheet, which quickly got too hot so I threw it off. That repeated all night long.

I woke up when Chris got up. I kept trying to relax and go back to sleep while he was having breakfast and playing his game. It almost worked, and then he came back to have his shower and get dressed. But after he left, I got some good sleep in. I got up about nine, and drank my quart of water.
I played an audio while reading and deleting e-mail. I answered one from Dyveen, the young Chinese lady on the cruise ship. Then I washed up and got dressed. I sewed some netting into a bag. There was enough to make two bags, but the needle thread broke and I couldn't see well enough to rethread it. I took what I had and put it over the one blueberry bush that is showing signs of turning blue. I cut off the extra to make another bag later.
I printed another copy of the front page of the packet, the one with the correct date. Chris says no one looks at the date anyway, so I did not bother with the other pages. I had to make the changes I had made to the first copy over again. Then I put on my shoes and went out. My first stop was MWR. Paul was in and apparently free. He read over the sheet, made sure they weren't doing facepainting, then signed it. He said the space we asked for might not be available.
My second stop was the Nex. But the clerk told me the manager was on leave and wouldn't be in until tomorrow. Then I went to see Brittany about renting tables and chairs for the event. She said we could fill out the rental form any time. If we rented in advance, MWR would drop off the tables and chairs and pick them up after the event.
On my way home, I stopped by the CYP to ask how many kids they could babysit on the night of the Navy Ball. I didn't know if they had enough staffing, but she said they could handle 60 kids, which is more than we have on post. She said for the Christmas party they had 22. She also talked about the schools that our kids have the option of going to now that the school on post is closing next week. Well, we started talking about the summer program and opportunities for volunteers, and next thing I knew, I was agreeing to read books to kids on Tuesdays, possibly dressed in a costume and providing a craft. I walked out wondering what I was thinking.
I walked home, but not all the way. Ryan stopped in his Rhino and gave me a speedy ride. He was exceeding the speed limit but I guess in his position he can do that.
When I got home, I noticed some of the plants were knocked over, so I righted them. I made and ate breakfast, thinking about how much there was yet to do, and not knowing how to plan without a departure date.
Chris came home late for lunch. I listened to some short meditations. I removed all the dried potato chunks from their sticks. Then I listened to an interview. While the interview was playing, I played with the tablet. At 2:40, I put the tablet down and got my shoes. I left a can of beer on the porch and headed out. I spied the first ripe cherry tomato and ate it on the way to the massage place. I may have been a few minutes late because the sidewalks were torn up. It looks like Jinhae is replacing all their sidewalks. The back massage went well, although there were two times where he was bracing his feet against the wall in order to put more pressure on my sides. Really not necessary.
After the massage, I went to Office Depot. I was going to get little pots for lipbalm, but theirs were more expensive. I got a pair of reading glasses, and some posterboard for signs. Then I headed back to base. Along the way I stopped at a little off-street booth to get apples and a carrot. And finally I went home.
I was going to cut up the carrot and dry it, but it was too big in diameter. So I cut up lemon and lime rinds into little discs and put them on sticks to dry. I made myself a small bowl of nuts and blueberries to eat while reading e-mail. But the bowl capsized and blueberry juice got on me (I was wearing white shorts and white shirt) and on my apron and on the couch (which I had just washed). Grrr.I cleaned it up and put the clothes in water to soak. I went back to reading e-mail. Chris came home from work and made himself supper. I went out to water the plants. I also poured beer into two red plates for the slugs. I may have had a taste myself because I heard hops helps with hot flashes.
When I came in, I consumed a large can of crushed tomatoes and jotted notes for my blog. I played on my tablet for a bit, then read e-mail. When Chris was ready, we watched two episodes of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. Then he went to bed and I stayed up to play catch-up on e-mail.
* Notice the "8192" block on the lower right. *

No comments: