Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Two walks

I had trouble sleeping again last night. When the night sweats faded, I fell asleep. I was having a most interesting dream involving Michele. I was trying to rescue her from an abductor and I stumbled upon a retreat for aging people, including quilters.
But then my phone rang and woke me up. I went out to the livingroom to answer it. It was Myra asking if I wanted to go walking. She was already on the trail. So I threw on some clothes and joined her. We walked up and around the base and down the other side and back. Then we stopped at her place for a drink of water. She changed her shoes. Then we got in her car and went to the five-day market. As we walked around, I got the tumeric balls that I've never seen anywhere else. I also got dried fruits and roots. And kimchi. She got plants and veggies. It must have been garlic season, because there were large piles of it everywhere. I had a taste for kimbap. When I ordered it, the lady had us sit down to eat it. So much for taking it along. Myra had some and I ate the rest.
Then we went back to post. We went by the post office and she picked up a large box. She dropped me off at home, then went back to her place to slide the box down the hill and roll it up her stairs. She wouldn't let me help.
Chris was home for lunch. He asked if I could think of anything to get Kim as a going away present. All I could think of was that she often admired my market bag.
After he left, I texted Dynee to see if she needed anything. Then I assembled the materials I used on my bag. I made piping, I interfaced the thinner fabric. I sewed strips, and cut the shape. I selected a lining fabric and cut it, too.
Then Dynee texted asking if I wanted to go for a walk. I was surprised that her sewing lady was gone already. I went over there and she showed me the pillows and skirts that Mrs. Lee had made. There was one top that she had altered that did not come out right and I promised to fix it. Then Dynee came to my house and I showed her all the stuff I bought in China, including the green silk that I thought about having Mrs. Lee sew into a dress, except that some people warned against it.
Then we headed out for a walk and ran into Roy and Nina (or Nicky). They were new and we had a nice chat. They wondered what housing on post was like so Dynee showed them her house.
After they left, we walked the trail and wound around the base. We saw Myra outside planting tomatoes and asked if she wanted to go walking to the ATM to get money for tomorrow. She did, so we all went. They got won and I got dollars to pay for the bus ride. Then we went home. Dynee promised to text me at 7:40 to make sure I got up for the trip.
I went home and discovered Chris was already home from work. I sat down, exhausted. Soon Chris left to take his replacement to the beer and chicken place for supper. I put out the last can of beer for the slugs.
I watered the flowers and it started to rain. I made seed crackers and hummus. I played on my tablet for a bit.
I had just started an audio when Chris came home. I finished the audio, and tried to start another one, but the desk top wasn't cooperating. So I moved to the laptop. It didn't want to play the audio either. I noticed it was 8, so I mentioned watching TV to Chris. I posted to the community Facebook page that there was no sewing tomorrow.
Then he sat with me and we saw two episodes. He checked his e-mail one last time and went to bed. I stayed up to post to my blog.
* No vampires here with all this garlic for sale. *

No comments: