Sunday, June 4, 2017

Church on Facebook

Due to staying up so late and nightsweats, I slept in late – really late. It was after 10:30 so there was no chance of getting to church on time. So I watched the service live on the chapel Facebook page. The music did not sound good, and I wondered why since it was much better in person previously. The sermon was about the 10 commandments – more of a history lesson. I started a Sudoku puzzle as I listened but decided not to get in the habit, so I put it down. After the sermon, the chaplain made announcements. One of them was that next Sunday was a singing Sunday – there would be no sermon, just singing, hopefully with instruments.
When the live feed ended, I checked my e-mail and drank water. I took a shower and got dressed. I made and ate breakfasts. Chris was on his laptop playing the game he always plays. Eventually he took a shower while I listened to an audio. Then we went to the commissary. I drove just to keep in practice. It was practically empty of people. We picked out our food. I tried to get fenugreek and fennel, which are supposed to be good for hot flashes, but the commissary doesn't carry them. I did get a large can of tomatoes, the only one without added sugar. I know my father eats a lot of canned tomatoes, and he doesn't have hot flashes. Ha.
After putting the food away, I sprinkled Epsom salts all over the plants. I listened to an interview from the current summit. It was very hard to hear. I did a Sudoku puzzle. Then I texted Dynee to see if she wanted to go for a walk. She wasn't quite ready, so I looked into making a bag holder for the next sewing class.
She texted me when she was ready. We walked the trail and around through the base and up behind the house. Then we parted ways. I watered the potted plants and the strawberry patch. I counted the slugs, only about 60 this time. I staked the tomato plants.
I came in to have some leftovers for supper. I went back to reading e-mail. Listening to another audio, I picked up my tablet and started playing 2048. It was getting too easy, so I changed the grid to 5 by 5. Eventually the low battery pop-up alerted me to its need to be plugged in. I plugged it into my laptop and kept playing.
It was after 8 when Chris left his laptop to sit with me and watch Shetland. We watched two more episodes which were continuations from last night. But the story still wasn't over. However, I convinced him to leave it for tomorrow night. We dressed the bed with clean sheets. Then I typed up my blog and posted it so I could go to bed.
* Our row of potted plants is much prettier than the staked tomatoes.

No comments: