Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Board meeting

I stayed up too late last night playing 2048. It was after midnight when I went to bed.
I got up at 8 to prepare for the meeting. I washed up and got dressed. I had heard Chris take out the food waste. I remembered that there was food waste in the freezer from just before we left for China. I took it out to the receptacle by the road and put it in.
I cleared the coffee table of the laptops and tablet. I drank water, and made hummus. All of the garlic had gone bad so I used garlic powder. Perhaps a bit too much. I put out a dish of seed crackers and a jar of dehydrated sweet potato sticks. Then I checked my sheet of notes from the last meeting for discussion points.
At 10 the ladies came, but not all at once. Kim (manager of the commissary) brought Charlene because Kim is PSC'ing and Charlene now works at the commissary. I asked questions during the meeting and took notes. Myra said if people don't step up to help at the big meeting, to disband the FRG.
Chris came home for lunch while we were wrapping up the meeting. After the meeting, I went on a walk with Myra. We walked the trail twice, then she went home. And so did I.
I counted the slugs in the red plates in the flower beds: 87. Then I went inside to have breakfast. I checked e-mail. I looked through the FRG stuff in the shed to see what we already had. I wrote up my notes in a more organized fashion. I looked up on internet how to get people to volunteer. I cleaned my whiteboard so I could draw a mapping of what needs doing. But I ended up drawing it on paper anyway.
I wanted to go to the commissary. When I got outside, it was raining. So I took an umbrella. Dynee and Ryan were just leaving in their car, so they gave me a ride. When I got into the commissary, Kim was standing there and I handed her our extra garbage bags. Then we discussed the things the FRG needs for the event on July 1st. She and I walked around the aisles noting prices for the various items. I wrote them on my sheet. I ran into Allycin and confirmed with her about the facepainting part. Her husband is going to ask the Parkers if we can use their tent. Then I walked home.
It wasn't really raining anymore. There were slugs crawling up our outside wall. I went inside. I ate some leftover cabbage and beets. I sat down to look at my FRG notes again. Chris came home from work. I started talking to him and realized he was in a bad mood, so I left him alone. I jotted some notes for my blog. I posted the announcement of tomorrow's sewing project to the community Facebook page.
I looked up how to stuff bags in the tube so that they would pull out one after another, but it only works if you take them out of the same end you put them in.
At 8, Chris sat with me. He discovered that there were no more episodes of Shetland for us to watch. But he found two episodes of Sherlock. By the time we finished them, it was after 11. Chris went to bed and I stayed up just long enough to write to my blog and take some evening supplements.
* This is our sewing project for tomorrow. *

No comments: