Saturday, June 24, 2017

The last episode

I got up around 8, having slept medium well. Chris had gotten up earlier to take out the food waste, and did not come back to bed.
I drank water and checked e-mail. I listened to one interview from the Lyme summit. I wrote a list of things I might do today. I crushed some garlic and mixed it with hummus and ate it on seed crackers. I printed out a fish kite pattern and glued the two pieces together. I took a pic of the outdoor shelving unit that we salvaged from the dump. I looked through my fabric collection for lemon prints. I tried to remove some tape stuck above the mantel, but it would not come off. I listened to another video. I wanted to use headphones, and tried 4 pairs, but the sound would not come through, so I had to turn up the volume to hear it over the washer. I made and ate breakfast.
I worked on the fish kite, cutting out the halves and gluing them together. I drew fish scales. I started a loaf of bread for Chris. I ate some dates.
I went outside to mow the lawn. But I found tiny marigolds growing in the backyard. I don't know how they got there. I dug them up and planted them in pots in the front. I also pulled some weeds, then mowed the lawn. I watered Dynee's plants and my own. I clipped the flower heads as I went. Kathy stopped when she saw me. She needed Mrs. Lee's sewing machine. Dynee had given me her code so I went in her house and got the machine and bag of thread. I gave it to Kathy and we talked for a short while. Elisa was with her and I encouraged her to have some blueberries.
After they left, I finished watering, and came inside. I ate some chicken and kimchi. I sat down to look at e-mail and rest. By text, Terri suggested yellow helium balloons for the lemonade sale. We didn't know where to get helium so I googled how to make your own helium. What I found were videos on how to fill them with hydrogen.
From there, I went on to gardening videos. Then we watched TV and ate popcorn. We finished the last Miss Fisher episode. Then I helped Chris make the bed. He found black grit around my neck and washed it off. I couldn't think what it could possibly be from. He went to bed and I stayed up to oil my hair and post to my blog.
* I posted this pic of my shelving unit to the community swap page but no one asked for it. *

No comments: