Friday, June 9, 2017

Signatures and flyers

I got up at 8:30. I started drinking my quart of water and deleting e-mail. Then I got dressed, ready for my tapping buddy at 9:15. She needed a few more minutes and then we skyped. She recorded the session for the mentoring program she was in. I felt a lot lighter after the session.
All the tapping made me hungry. While I was eating breakfast and listening to the first part of a long audio, Myra called and then came over. We worked on creating an FRG flyer. I printed off one copy. We went to the Nex to get the manager's signature. No problem. Then we tried to make copies of the flyer in the FTC computer room. But no, not with a hard copy, and not with downloading it from my e-mail account. So, we talked to Brittany about the bus for the sewing group. Paul came in, too. He said the FRG could have a space by the laundry building with access to electricity for Open Base day. We also asked about the longarm machine at Yongsan. He said he'd look into it. We went to security to talk to Scott, but he was nowhere to be found. We tried Ms. Kim to print the flyers but no one on that hall ever showed up. So we each went home for lunch. I printed 15 sheets of flyers, 2 per sheet and cut the sheets in half. I put a tomato and sprouts and lettuce through the Magic Bullet. I drank that for lunch. I called Chris for the e-mail address for the JAG. He sent it to me. I scanned the permissions form and sent it to her. Then I met Myra at her parking lot. We knocked on doors and handed out flyers all through lower housing. Mostly we left the flyers stuck in the doors. Then Scott texted Myra that he was ready to come home. So she went to get him and I went home. I drank some coconut water and Dynee texted me asking to walk the trail. So I laid down for a few minutes to cool off, and then met her outside. I brought the electric bug wand and we walked the trail. She enjoyed zapping the little bugs that flew around her face. She asked if I knew where we were going and when we were leaving, and I said no, not yet.
When I got back, I drank some more and listened to more of the audio. I noticed the JAG had sent the permissions form back already. It's next stop is the CO's office and it was too late for that today. Chris came home from work. He said he would take the form to work and drop it off.
It was hard to hear all the words of the audio while Chris was making his supper and walking around in his hard-soled shoes. At one point, I paused it to go outside and water the plants.
Then I listened to the rest of the audio on sunlight and mitochondria. Basically we get too much artificial light and not enough sunlight. Light quality is more important than what you eat. The more sunlight you get, the more safely you can eat carbs and not gain weight. The doctor wears blueblocking glasses all the time indoors and gets as much sunlight outdoors as possible, wearing special clothing to let more light in.
I listened to an audio that would finish a little after 8 and we could watch TV. But then Chris picked up his hat and something else, and headed out to the airport to pick up his replacement. I had no idea, but he said he had mentioned it.
After he left, I laid down until the audio was over. Then I went to bed, but sleep would not come. So I went to the kitchen and got out the ginger roots. I washed one clump, then broke it up and peeled it with a spoon. I sliced it thinly into the tea pot and put it on to boil. I sliced up more and put it in the coffee pot, then went back to reading e-mail.
I discovered a blueberry stain on the couch cushion. I looked up how to treat stains, then dabbed it with soapy water and blotted it with a clean cloth. After several repeats, it seemed to be gone, although I wouldn't know for sure until it dried. The clothes I had soaked last night still had stains. So I looked up more solutions. One made almost 4 cups of stain remover. I kept the ratio but reduced the amounts to tablespoons. It called for ammonia. There was a jar of clear liquid under the sink. I opened it and sniffed carefully. It smelled a little like ammonia, so I used it. I made the solution and spooned it onto the stains.
I sat down to jot notes for my blog. Chris came back from getting his replacement settled into one of the housing units. He played on his laptop while I jotted notes and waited for the concentrated ginger tea to cool so I could pour it into ice cube trays.
Then my tapping buddy called. We talked and tapped for over an hour. Chris went to bed before it was over. The call ended suddenly, but we were done. I went into the kitchen to pour the cooled concentrated ginger tea into ice cube trays, which went into the fridge. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* Another picture from the great wall of China *

No comments: