Saturday, June 3, 2017

Myra's back!

My Skype call lasted until after midnight. Then I went to bed, But Chris stayed up for his call which was at 12:30. He talked to someone in HR in the states. She told him that she would let him know next week where he would be transferred to.
Then he came to bed. We talked about the phone call and fell asleep.
I had the usual night sweats so did not sleep that well. I got up to use the bathroom and they subsided for awhile. So I stayed in bed late.
When I got up and moving, it was almost 10. I had missed the window of opportunity to put out the food waste. I drank water and read e-mail. I went out to check on the slugs – another 80 or so. I also weeded. I texted with Myra who just got back to Chinhae last night.
Greenmedinfo did a set of articles on hot flashes. They wrote about studies showing promise for things like lavender, tomato juice, fennel, fenugreek, black cohosh and especially hops. Hmmm.I checked our cupboard for fenugreek and fennel but we had none. I put lavender essential oil in the diffuser.
I washed one cushion cover from the couch. I swished it through water in the bathtub. The water turned golden, which is the color of the fabric so I didn't know if I actually got any dirt out. I hung it on the washline to dry. If it dries nicely and is not to hard to put back on the cushion, I may wash the other one.
I made and ate breakfast. I sprinkled diatomaceous earth on the flower beds. I was going to sprinkle Epsom salts, but all I had was the pharmaceutical grade stuff scented with lavender.
I read more e-mail and listened to an interview from the lifestyle medicine summit. Chris and I walked to the market just outside the gate. We bought onions, peppers, sprouts, cabbage, a fermented soy patty, and a large red beet. We each carried half of the produce back to the house. Chris started preparing it. I cracked open the last coconut. It was still mostly good, I ate some and put the rest back in the fridge.
Myra called and wanted to go for a walk. So I put on my shoes and took the earrings I bought for her. When I got to her parking lot, she was coming up the steps. She gave me a pack of size 12 needles, something I can't find in Korea. I gave her the earrings. She loved the shade of green I chose. She had a pendant and it matched. We walked toward the front gate. She stopped at the ATM. Then we went out in town. We had to avoid the main street because the sidewalks were taken up in preparation to be re-done. We found the little corner market, and bought more veggies, including tomatoes. Then we walked back, going by the canal (and the flower shop). I didn't see anything I couldn't live without, but I looked! We continued until we got to her parking lot. Then we parted. I went home and noticed Chris and the car were gone. At first I was confused, but then I remembered he was going to the movie Guardians of the Galaxy. I watered all the potted plants and the tomatoes and peas. I came in to have a drink and check e-mail. I listened to several more tapping meditations. Chris came back from the movie. He pulled roasted cabbage and roasted red beet from the oven. He had eaten before the movie so I had some of both. Then I watched part of a video on pictorial quilt making. When Chris was ready, we watched three episodes of Shetland. It was after midnight and time to blog and go to bed.
* Michele and I at the great wall. *

No comments: