Saturday, June 17, 2017

Bagging the berries

I was not bothered much by hot flashes last night and I put it down to the big bowl of cucumber slices.
I heard my alarm go off this morning and noticed Chris was not in bed. But I stayed a little longer. When I got up, I drank some water. I put the first load of fabric in the washer. I got dressed and went outside to water the plants. I put the fabric in the dryer and did another load. I ironed some smaller pieces dry. I tried putting glue on the ends of a piece of thread to see if it was easier to string potato beads. But it wasn't good enough. I tried a piece of tape and that worked better. I went outside to measure the blueberry pots. Dynee was out sweeping so we talked for a few minutes. Then I made two netting bags to go over the blueberries. I ironed a large stack of fabric.
I was folding fabric from the dryer when Anna knocked on the door. Ryan was beside her with a big box of cups and spoons and leftover paper goods from the PTO. I invited her in to see what I bought in China. I told her she could have her pick of the extras and she took a kite. As she was leaving, she mentioned her blueberries were being eaten by the birds, so I gave her the two netting bags. I made two more. I ate a bowl of coconut milk, flakes and oil. I had an apple earlier. I sat for a minute to check e-mail.
I put the bags on the blueberries. I strung the beads Christine had given me with the potato beads that I made. I tied it around my neck. Then Chris and I went to the commissary. Christine was there so I showed her the necklace. I also talked to Kim, and later to Clay. He seemed to think the FRG wasn't necessary, and trying to keep it going was more trouble than it was worth.
After we checked out, I drove us home and we carried the groceries inside. After we put the food away, I told Chris that I wanted him to go to the corner market with me to get a watermelon. (I had heard they were good for hot flashes.) He was amenable so we left after stripping the sheets from the bed and putting them in the washer.
On our way down the hill, Dynee texted me wanting to go for a walk. I told her I could go when we got back. Chris and I continued to the market. Watermelons were $15. We also got a red cabbage and cucumbers. Chris carried the produce home in my bag. I followed behind, not able to walk as fast. I waited in front of Dynee's house. Soon she came around from the back. We went to the trail and walked all around, switching back and forth to make it longer. As we talked, I realized she also thought the FRG was not terribly necessary to the base.
After we got back, she asked me for some more lip balm and handed me two small containers. I took them inside and washed them. Then I filled them from the jar. I took them back to her.
I went inside for a break from the heat. I drank some water and read some e-mail. I ate some chicken with mustard because only the white meat was left. I also had a bowl of cucumber slices. Then I watered the flowers again, trying to get them back on an evening schedule. The yucca was blooming so I took a pic of it.
I read more e-mail and lost track of the time. It was after 8 when we started watching TV. We saw three episodes. Chris went back to his laptop and I tried to write my blog post. But the word processing software was putting bold lines everywhere the cursor went. The underline function was not turned on. I copy/pasted to a new document, but the lines came with it. Chris opened a whole new processor called Notepad and the lines did not transfer with the text. I finished typing my blog post and posted it to Blogger.

No comments: