Thursday, June 15, 2017

So much for the FRG

Once again, my internal temperature control was a problem and kept me from sleeping properly. I was awake before my alarm went off, but stayed in bed hoping to get some sleep when the sweating subsided. But the need to do stuff got me first.
I got up at 10 after 8. I did some Sudoku while writing notes for the day. I drank a quart of water while checking e-mail. I listened to a video on how to feed your garden for free. I wanted to post a reminder to Facebook for the meeting tonight, but I needed a photo to go with it so people would notice it. Since it was scheduled to be at Housing, I walked down there with my phone and took a pic of the front entrance. Then I went inside to ask if it would be open so we could get in after hours. They showed me how to work the code lock, and gave me a handout. I thanked them and went home.
Terri was walking down the street with her two dogs so I greeted her. We talked for a bit while she tried to enforce their training: getting them to sit and stay. Not so easy. Dynee came out and said I could visit her anytime to discuss the Open Base fundraising event.
After Terri left with her dogs, I posted to the Facebook page. Then I got my FRG papers together and went next door. We discussed how to transport and serve the spaghetti and keep it warm and who could be called on to help. I didn't think I was there that long, but it was noon when I got home again.
I made and ate breakfast. I watched a tapping video. I designed a sign-up sheet. I got together the paper copy that Paul wanted of the permission form. I was looking for my market bag to put it in when I remembered that the bag for Kim wasn't finished. So I rushed in there to finish it. It looked so much like my bag that I almost put the papers in there. I took its picture and wrapped it in yellow paper and put it in a gift bag from the hotel in China. Then I put the papers in my bag and a container of Epsom salts. I jotted notes for my blog.
At 2 I went to the MWR office to turn in the form, but Paul wasn't there. Then I went to the third deck to ask about rentals. I asked questions, and they gave me copies to keep in my folder. I went back to MWR, and turned in the form to Paul. We discussed how he would keep and serve spaghetti.
From there I went to my massage. The lady brought me a cup of hot tea while I soaked my feet. Then she woke up the man to do the massage.
After the massage, I went to Home Depot to look for decorative tablecloths. None. I went back to base, and ran into Nicky and Ron. After talking to them, I went home, and ate a cucumber. I watched more of the garden video and a sewing video at the same time. Chris came home just as I stopped to collate my meeting notes and write another diagram of the jobs that needed doing.
I put on my shoes and went to Housing. I used the code to get in. I cleaned the white board and set up tables and chairs. Then I wrote my diagram on the board. Maria came with chocolate cookies. Myra and Dynee came, as well as Alicyn and Sue. We waited for Clay but it took too long so I started without him. It did not take long to explain about the tasks that needed doing and our need for officers. I passed out the sign in sheet and the sign up sheet. All signed in but no one signed up. Clay showed us and started eating the cookies. Myra brought up the possibility of dispensing with the FRG. With much discussion, we decided to go ahead with the lemonade sale but drop the spaghetti part. Sue offered to help with the lemonade. We also agreed to have one more meeting, the first week of July. If no one came forward for the office of president or treasurer, we would disband the FRG and give the funds to the Navy ball committee to fund child care for the Navy Ball.
Then everyone helped to put up the tables and chairs. Maria cleaned the white board. I took the leftover cookies for Kim's going away party, already in progress. I locked up the building and walked home with Dynee and Alicyn. I gave Alicyn poster boards to make signs for the sale. She said she would be willing to be vice-president but did not want to become president when I left.
After she left, I took the cookies to the fire chief's house. I said hello to Nicky and Ron. I went out back to see Kim and give her the bag. She loved it. I got a plate of food in the kitchen (kimbap!) but Chris told me to leave it on the table so I could meet his replacement outside. Hakeem was very nice. I said I hoped he enjoyed his stay and would like the job here. He said his week here was very eye-opening. I went back inside to eat my food. I sat with Anna and the others to hear Chris tell stories. Anna was holding a six-week-old Korean baby. When she had to get up to take her medicine, she gave the baby to me (and took pics). I held the baby for awhile. It got fussy but quieted down. Soon her parents came to get her and give her a bottle.
Then we had to clear out so they could set up the tables for beer pong. I had no interest in that. I found Chris talking in the kitchen. He handed me a beer to try. It tasted terrible. But he said it was the hops that made it taste like that. Since hops are supposed to be good for hot flashes, I made myself drink it. Blech!
Cake was passed out and Chris had some. It smelled like coffee so I had no interest. When he was done eating, we went home. I was a little off balance.
We watched one episode of Miss Fisher. Then he went to bed and I stayed up to blog.

No comments: