Tuesday, December 26, 2017

A low-key Christmas

I woke up at 7 with hot flashes. I went to the bathroom, took some activated charcoal and went back to bed. When I got up again, it was 8:30. I took some mimosa pudica and drank several cups of water. I read e-mail for awhile.
Chris put a ham in the oven with sweet potatoes. I made and ate breakfast. Afterward, I called Dad to wish him a merry Christmas and I talked to Kurt, too.
Then we called Marie in DC and spoke to Michele, and Cecily as well. That reminded me that Cecily had sent presents along with us at Thanksgiving. So Chris got them out and we opened them. I got a check for quilting supplies and Chris got socks, underwear and belts.
We read e-mail until the food was cooked. Then we ate ham and sweet potatoes. I listened to a Youtube version of Dad's cantata. Later we went for a walk. It was quite cold outside. I ran part of the time just to keep warm and get home faster.
We went back out our e-mail. I watched videos on cleaning my iron. It had some black gunk which was no problem up to the #5 setting. But above that, it became sticky and got on the fabric. I tried the salt method, but it did not work. The magic eraser worked much better. I tried setting the cool iron on a soapy washcloth to loosen up the remaining black sticky stuff. Then I used a baking soda paste. Finally I decided it was close enough to clean. I put it back in its spot.
I found some white fabric for the inside of Michele's bag. I cut and fused interfacing to inner bag pieces. I downloaded I-tunes so I could listen to an interview, while sewing the bag trim on by hand.
Chris set up up the TV to play Netflix and we watched three episodes of Voyager. I had taken my evening supplements beforehand, and I fell asleep several times during the third episode. So when it was over, I went straight to bed. And I fell back asleep without blogging.

No comments: