Sunday, December 10, 2017

I've got the blues

Last night my right arm hurt. So I tapped for my arm and went to sleep. But it started hurting again when I got up this morning. I tried not to wake Chris up since he wasn't feeling well. I went in the dining room to drink water and read e-mail for awhile.
It was after 9:30 when I got up to get ready for church. I showered and put on a blue dress. It didn't fit well, but our choir director specifically asked us to wear blue. And I could not reach all the buttons in the back. Finally I had to wake Chris to ask for help. And then I headed for church, 10 minutes later than I intended. I sang Christmas carols to distract myself from worrying about being late.
The choir was already assembled for the run-through when I got there. I joined them and we sang through it twice. Then we were dismissed until the service.
We did ok on the anthem during the service. As soon as the last hymn was over, I wrote a check for the staff gifts and delivered it to Art who was separating the offering.
Then I stood in line and passed out some lip balms. I talked to a few people before heading home. I could have taken the parkway, but Airport road is much prettier. Sadly it was backed up at Whitesburg. I sat through the red light three times. When I got to the gate at the arsenal, the guard said my ID was no good because it was marked Overseas Only. He asked if anyone had ever mentioned it and I said no, but I would ask my husband. When I got home, I asked Chris and he said the Overseas Only meant that I did not have Px or Commissary privileges stateside, but it was still good for base access.
I changed my clothes, then made and ate breakfast. A friend wrote to say he got spam that looked like it was from me. I changed my Yahoo password. We went to the grocery store for food. But poinsettias were on sale for $7 so I got one. On the way back, we encountered a different guard at the gate. There was no mention of my ID being invalid. We put away the groceries. I dressed warmly and put on ankle weights and went for a walk. Chris did not feel well enough to go along. When I got back, I picked some dandelion and chive greens and put them in water.
I listened to one tapping video. Then I pulled out all the stacks of blue fabric and separated them by shade of blue, ranging from purple-ish to green-ish. I found places on shelves for all of them. Then I pulled out stacks of black and found ways to separate them into piles. I put them in the little cupboard. THEN, I found a whole shelf of blue that hadn't been separated. Arrgh! I brought it out to the hallway so I could see it well enough to split it up as before. But the blues from before fit so tightly on the shelves that there wasn't any room to add the next set.
I started to rearrange piles. At least my arm did not hurt. Then Chris asked me if I would watch TV early so he could go to bed early. So I turned off all the lights in the back, and made myself a small salad with the dandelion greens and a can of organic vegetable soup. I ate as we watched an episode of Miss Marple.
Then he looked up some of the familiar-looking actors and actresses. He went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* This is one of Jane's quilts. *

No comments: