Monday, December 11, 2017

Too much TV

I woke up with hot flashes, but I did not want to get out of bed because it was still darkish. When Chris left for work, I used the bathroom and went back to bed, but it didn't last. I think I got up around 7.
I pulled out the stacks of blues and filed the new ones into them, then put away all the remaining stacks of fabric. I took some pics because it was all so nicely arranged...for now.
I drank water and listened to an audio from yesterday about Lyme disease and parasites and heavy metals. It made me want to eat some papaya seeds, so I did. Blech. My forearm was hurting again, particularly when I moved my fingers. Resting the cold bowl of papaya seeds on it helped a lot.
I watched 4 tapping videos from Power Tools for Tapping. I made and ate breakfast. While I was reading e-mail, a very annoying pop-up froze my browser and proclaimed that my computer was infected and I should call the number on the screen or enter my name and password. It was not so alarming since it had happened before and Chris had made it go away. But I could not remember how he did it. Nothing was clickable. So I did a cntl-alt-delete and used the task manager to shut down Waterfox. But when I tried to open it again, the pop-up was there and everything was frozen again. So after shutting it down the hard way, I opened my e-mail in Edge.
But it was getting late. So I packed my sewing gear and the railfence project in my trunk and headed to quilting. I stopped to put gas in the car. I forgot which octane it needed and I used 89.
When I got to the church, the ladies were having lunch. I set up my machine at a back table. I showed them the quilt and they liked my arrangement of the blocks. Dinah had brought fabric for borders but the quilt would be too long with them. So I took a row off and made a column. They assured me that no one would notice that the last column did not quite match. I cut and sewed on a1” inner border. By that time, all the ladies had gone. But the light and space were better for sewing than at home, so I stayed. I cut and sewed together strips for binding. Then I put everything away and went home.
There was still daylight, so I picked some dandelion, and soaked it in water. Kurt started texting me so we had a sort of conversation, and later he called.
I started peeling the jicama. It did not look so good so I sliced it in half and saw that the inside was mottled brown. I wondered if it was worth a trip to the grocery store just to return it. I made a salad with the rest of the greens from last week. Then I pulled out floral fabrics (so recently stacked neatly on a shelf) to audition for a border, but needed daylight to make a good decision. But by then it was dark.
Chris came home from work, feeling fine. He had leftovers of the broccoli salad that he took to the office Christmas party. Thankfully I did not need to ask for his help with the pop-up. When I reopened the Waterfox browser after eating, it said it could not open all the windows and it gave me a chance to close some of them. Bingo!
At 6:30 Chris said that Big Bang Theory was on so we sat down to watch it. After that came the next episode of Lucifer. Then we watched an episode of Miss Marple. It was a lot more TV than I had intended to watch.
Chris went to bed afterward and I stayed up to tell the tale (and to handle recyclables for tomorrow).
* This is but one of many shelving units loaded with fabric. *

No comments: