Saturday, December 9, 2017

Up to my eyeballs in stacks of fabric

Chris got up first and left the room so he wouldn't wake me. When I got up, it was just after 8. I played with the quilt squares, rearranging them and trading some out for others. I went in the sewing room to find something suitable for sashing.
As I was looking, I was reminded that I had intended to go through all the stacks and put them all in order. But the sewing room was so dark that I had to bring the stacks into the guest room to see them clearly. Stack after stack, deciding where each piece of fabric should go.
Michele called Chris and they played ARK:Survival Evolved, the dinosaur game. I took a break to make and eat breakfast. I read e-mail as I ate. I watched some tapping videos and meditated, then went back to sorting.
When my arms started to hurt, I took a break for lunch. I also took a quick walk around the circle. It was quite cold. I brought in the mail, which consisted of an ad and a letter from the church. I also put a thermometer outside. Chris brought in the pumpkin and carved away the worst part. Neither one of us wanted to do the work it would take to save some pumpkin meat. He planted one of the seeds that had started sprouting in a cup.
I went back to sorting to make the most of the daylight. It was especially important telling true whites from off-whites. But all too soon it got dark. I made a big salad for supper. I ate it while watching a tapping video. I thought we were going to watch TV, but Chris was busy with something, so I went back to sorting, even though my arms hurt from lifting the piles of fabric. I cleared the bed of most of the fabric. But I did not get to the stacks of blue or red.
Finally around 9, we sat down to watch an episode of Miss Marple. Chris was starting to feel under the weather so I gave him some vitamin C. I think he may have dozed off during the show. I paid attention, but afterward had trouble piecing the whole thing together.
We dressed the bed and Chris turned in for the night. I turned off the lights in the guest and sewing rooms. I took my evening supplements with kava tea. Then I sat down to write up my blog post so I could go to bed as well.
* 12 of the 26 blocks I was given 2 years ago. *

No comments: