Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Another party

I laid awake for awhile, analyzing my dream. In it, I was with Chris and his friend. We were walking on a road at night and it took a turn into a forest. It was covered with leaves and twigs, and had sharp turns and steep slopes like a rollercoaster. I thought it was dangerous, especially in the dark, but they wanted to keep going.
I got up about 7:30. I put away all the boxes of supplements in the kitchen. I checked e-mail while swishing. Then I put on an audio on vaccines and folded up the fabric I got out Saturday for the Christmas bag. I took a packet of Vitamin C.
Then I got dressed, made and ate breakfast. I considered staying home because of the rain. I put a dish of dates and a project in my tote bag and drove through the driving rain to the Tuesday group. When I got there, they were sitting in a circle opening gifts they had just exchanged. I had forgotten to bring one so it didn't matter to me. Then we sat at 4 tables and Susan gave everyone a ticket. She called a number and whoever had the number had to stand up and sing the song for that table (along with the other people sitting there), and then the person got a gift. When my number was called, I got a chocolate mold.
There was a table off to the side with sets of gifts for everyone. The first set was a triangular fabric box with caramel corn in it. I picked a purple one. Susan told me she had made all 50 of them by the end of last January. The second one was of sachets. The third one was of measuring tapes in test tubes. I was going to hand out lip balms but I did not have enough for everybody so I decided to save them for next week.
Then everyone put their food on a table and we had an early lunch. After lunch there was cleaning up and socializing. Beverly and I made plans for Thursday.
It must have been 1pm till I left. I went to the Asian market to get kimbap and kimchi. When I got home, it was still raining. I brought in the recycle container, and everything from the car. I ate a few pieces of kimbap with kimchi but the kimchi wasn't fermented enough (for my taste). I jotted some notes from my blog. I wondered how I was going to pick fresh dandelion for my daily salad.
I put on audio, and opened the box of rulers for machine quilting. I played around with Kaleidoscope Kreator on a piece of orange fabric. I wanted to see what a 4-block would look like, but the smallest it had was a 6-block. Still, I was able to determine that a 4 or 5 inch block would have the right amount of 'action' on that fabric.
I folded laundry and put mine away. I cleared my sewing table, then laid out rail fence squares from the Monday group. I estimated the number of blocks and calculated the options for width vs height, stopping to catch up on e-mail. I washed my footies. I mended my pocket pouch.
I looked for Christmas cards but did not find any. So I took pics of some Christmas fabrics, e-mailed them to the desktop computer, then opened them in Kaleidoscope Kreator. I then chose one to open in MS Paint. I wrote Merry Christmas on it with the text function. Then I tried to print it out. It was red and gold with black print,, but it came out green and white. That probably means the cartridge is out of red and blue ink. There is likely another cartridge around here somewhere, but green and white works for Christmas.
Myra Facebooked me about dissolving the sewing class in Chinhae. So I called her and we spoke for some time. I hated to see it close but the ladies now in charge have no one to take it over.
I watched a video showing how the symptoms of autism were like the symptoms of mercury poisoning and the same treatment helps both. I finished the card and put it in an envelop to mail. There wasn't time to watch an episode of Miss Marple, so I watched some craft videos on Youtube instead. I took my evening supplements and finished my blog post, ready for bed.

No comments: