Friday, December 8, 2017

Playing with blocks

I slept so well this morning that I did not want to stop. So I went back to sleep after Chris left. When I did get up, I was surprised to see that it was almost 9. But I was in a good mood.
I drank a quart of water while reading e-mail and watching a video on using one of the quilting rulers I ordered. She made it look so easy, but then she has a stitch regulator.
I also read about Swedish Death Cleaning. It sounded impressive, but was mostly about keeping the clutter cleared out so your survivors don't have to do it. The last suggestion was to pack a box or two labeled “Throw away when I'm dead”. Another unfamiliar term I came across was ferret legging. I had to look it up, and it was pretty unbelievable.
I assembled my magnifying lamp so I could look at the side of my nailbed that is still swollen. I was wondering if perhaps a splinter was embedded, but I did not see anything.
So I decided to take a detox bath to soften the skin. It involved Epsom salts, vinegar, bentonite clay, and essential oils. I played Christmas music on my laptop while I soaked. The desktop computer would have been better, but it was unresponsive to even a shut-down command. I took a shower afterward to make sure all the clay got washed out through the pipes.
Wrapped in a towel, I listened to tapping videos while drinking coconut water. I looked for cruise control apps. There was one which involve wiring into the car. There was another one that simply alerted the driver when his speed varied from the one set.
When I needed a break, I got out a set of quilt blocks that the Thursday group gave me when I left for Korea. I grouped the blocks by color, then by design, batiks, etc. There were 26 blocks. They were too varied to all go in the same quilt so I thought I might divide them up into smaller quilts, wallhangings or tablerunners. I took a pic of each grouping.
Chris came home from work. He rebooted the desktop for me. He changed the color cartridge in the printer. I printed out the Christmas card again, and this time it looked like what was on the screen. I picked dandelion for supper. I took more than usual in case the upcoming frost killed them off. Then I tried to uninstall the Christmas calendar program from years ago, since it kept popping up and might have contributed to the desktop freezing.
I made a big salad for supper. I read e-mail, and looked up kava supplements. I think they might be helping. I wrote a review for the one I recently got. Waiting for Chris to wrap up, I played around with the quilt blocks. Then we watched an episode of Miss Marple. He looked up some of the actresses from the episode. I wrote up my blog post so I would be soon ready for bed.
* This is one of the quilts that Jane showed us yesterday. *

No comments: