Thursday, December 7, 2017

The bed-turning

Chris got up early (as usual) to go to work. I stayed in bed hoping to go back to sleep, but that didn't happen. Finally I got up a little before 7:30.
I put away lip balm stuff. I started a loaf of bread for Chris. I listened to the last episode of the Live Longer Feel Better summit. Today they were talking about how having a purpose and being connected to people helps you live longer.
I drove to Stitch-Its. I gave the book to Pat. She asked for the invoice. There were two pieces of paper stuck in the book that looked like invoices, but did not have the purchase price.
At 12:20 I drove to Huntsville Sew-n-Vac. I parked to wait for Beverly. The other Beverly was dropped off by her husband. She sat in my car until Beverly arrived. Then we got in her car and she drove us to Madison. We got there half an hour early, so we drove around looking at Christmas decorations. Then we parked in front of Jane's house. She was waiting for visitors. She had a book for everyone to sign. We looked at quilts she had on the walls and in her sewing room upstairs. A few other ladies arrived. Then we gathered in the front bedroom for the bedturning. She had 40 quilts of various sizes from small wallhangings to queen size. She had already shown them to her family and pinned the names of intended recipients to the corners. Terry helped her turn the quilts. We enjoyed the show. My hand started to hurt when I held my phone, so I put it down between pictures of quilts.
It was about 3 when we left. Beverly dropped the other Beverly off at the high school where her husband works. Then Beverly took me back to get my car. She told me the best way to go home to avoid traffic. I went down Oakwood to Jordan, to post. Very easy in spite of the number of cars.
Chris had just gotten home and was changing clothes. I opened the package he picked up at the post office: a bone supplement. I picked dandelion and made a salad for lunch. I also had some lamb.
I put on an audio and soon Michele started a game with Chris. It was too loud for me, so he went in another room.
I sewed the rows of quilt blocks together, finishing just in time for my skype call. We worked on her issues for an hour. Then I let Chris know I was done. He stopped the game, and made supper for himself. Then he made a bowl of popcorn. We watched two episodes of F-Troop. He put the DVD in the Netflix mailer.
I took my evening supplements and listened to part of another audio. I wrote my blog post and waited to see if we were done watching TV for the night.
* This is the quilt top that I finished today. *

No comments: