Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Star Wars, episode 8, in 3-D

I got up at 7:30 and took some mimosa pudica. I swished and checked e-mail. Chris sent a message saying that I had a car appointment at the dealership at 10. I did not understand why my car needed an appointment, but he said he kinda remembered that we set it up when we bought it.
I got dressed and listened to an interview. At 9:30 I paused the interview and packed the purse project in a bag with needle and thread so I could work on it while my car was being worked on. I figured on going to Joanns which was just down the street, so I texted Beverly in case she wanted to meet me afterward.
I headed down Jordan to University. I kept looking on the right to find the dealership. But somehow I didn't see it until it was too late to turn. So I took the next street. I thought I could cut through to the next light, but that didn't work. Since University was so empty, I decided to make a left turn. Which would have been fine, but there was a curb in the middle of the center lanes which I couldn't see until I got to it. There was nothing to do but drive over it, which wasn't too bad. So I pulled into the service lane at Landers Mclarty about 9:55. I got out of my car and a lady with a tablet met me and asked why I was there. I explained about the e-mail Chris had gotten. She explained that the e-mails were sent out automatically from some other location and that my car did not need servicing until it reached 6000 miles. She said to call next time I got one of those automated e-mails. Sigh.
I drove down the street to Joanns. I texted Beverly and called Chris to tell him about the automated e-mail. I went to the bead department and obsessed over what size and shade of beads to buy. Finally I chose a vial of several shades. Then I went over to the strings of lights on sale and chose one. I saw Beverly come in the store. We walked around together and eventually found some teal fabrics to buy. Her friend Anita sent us scores of coupons and we got 50% off the entire purchase.
Then we got in Beverly's car and went to WalMart. I needed a calendar. But first we went through all the Christmas leftovers and I got some cards. I wanted red glass balls, too, but not the fire engine red ones. We looked at the fabric section but did not buy. We also went to the food section and I got a quart of goat milk.
After we checked out, she went by her bank. While she was inside, I sewed trim sitting in the car. Then she took me back to Joanns to get my car and I went home, not stopping for kimbap.
When I got home, I started making breakfast because I was so hungry. When I finished breakfast, Chris called from Kroger. Since I had promised him I would return DVD's to the library, I jumped in the car to accomplish that before he got home.
Then I continued reading e-mail while listening to the interview. It finished and I started another one. I ate some ham with the honey mustard dressing on it
I got fed up with the nagware from Microsoft telling me to install updates and reboot. I checked it out online and did not see where others were having a problem, so I let.
I wondered about the Waterfox 53 update. Some people did have problems, but apparently they were up to Waterfox 55 or 56. So I wondered if it would take an extra update to fix the next one. The next time the pop-up for 53 came up, I allowed it to update.
As I was eating my daily 10 almonds, one of them tasted really bitter, so I spit it out. But soon I had the makings of a headache. I ate a can of organic soup. I worked on the trim of the handbag. Then I put on my shoes and coat because Chris had made reservations at the theater for Star Wars. It was cold outside, but my big warm parka kept me cozy.
When we got to the theater, Chris went to the desk to get the tickets. He showed the man his phone with a QR code and -presto, we had tickets. Nearby was a box of 3-D glasses. We each got one, then we stopped by the restrooms before entering the auditorium.
Our tickets gave us assigned seating in the 3rd row. The chairs reclined, to my surprise. That was nice, but I still had to crane my head to see the whole screen because we were so close. I closed my eyes during the previews, but the headache persisted.
Eventually we were instructed to put on the 3-D glasses. It was pretty cool, even with a headache. I felt like I was in space with the ships flying around me.
The movie was good, but it seemed long because I was not comfortable. When it ended, we watched some of the credits to listen to the music. But then I wanted to go home and lay down. I found it hard to move and keep my balance. But we made it out of the theater, down the street to the parking garage and up to the second floor. Chris drove us home. I noticed that my purse had a wet spot. My first thought is that it was from the drink of the lady next to me, but it smelled like hot flash spray. I don't know why it would leak in my silk purse but not my usual black one.
When we got home, I realized I felt like I had the flu because my skin was sensitive to touch. So I took some high-powered vitamin C. I looked up cyanide poisoning on the internet. Now I had a pop-up asking me to update to Waterfox 54. I made a mug of hot bone broth. Chris polished his shoes, checked his e-mail, and went to bed.
I was feeling better, so I typed up my blog and went to bed myself.
* My pics at the movie did not turn out, so here is one of the ham from yesterday. *

No comments: