Saturday, December 2, 2017

Home again, home again

We got up at 8:30. Chris took a shower. He went down to breakfast while I took my shower. I got dressed and started making breakfast. I was trying to watch an interview from the Live Longer summit, but it kept cutting out. After rebooting Waterfox several times, it started playing ok. I finished my breakfast and then packed up. I had to pause the audio so I could pack the laptop and we could pack the car.
We got on the road about 11am EST. We listened to an audiobook downloaded from Librevox to my tablet. But the chapters did not play in order, so I had to restart each one after the last one.
At our last rest stop, I looked for my ID but only found my driver's license. When we got to the front gate of the arsenal, it was closed. So we went in gate 10. We stopped by the library to drop off the books on CD and pick up some Miss Marple videos.
Then we went home and unloaded the car. I brought in the house mail. We set up our laptops. We unpacked the suitcases and assembled dirty laundry. I listened to an audio while eating: he said cells become cancerous when their energy drops through loss of electrons. Increase their energy, and they become regular cells again. Microcurrent devices, intravenous vitamin C, and pulsed electromagnetic frequencies can dissolve tumors.
I put away the clean clothes in my suitcase. I started unpacking the food box, but decided that I needed to pick dandelion while it was still daylight. I got a handful of leaves and some chives. We decided to go grocery shopping tomorrow after church, even though I have to get Chris to the airport by 3pm. I jotted things on the list for making seed crackers and hummus.
I spent hours putting together a 12 Days of Christmas bag for the party on Monday. I cut strips, and charm squares and fat quarters and even pieced a nine-patch. Eventually I got everything on the list except for the two chocolate turtles.
We had leftover chicken and cauliflower for supper. I made a salad with the dandelion that I picked earlier. I had a piece of home made chocolate, too.
I read the two cards from MaryAnn: one for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas. I always appreciate being on her card list.
I started listening the interview on GMO's. When Chris was ready, he fired up the DVD player. We watched several episodes of F-Troop, courtesy of Netflix. I got so tired that I curled up on the couch and nearly fell asleep. But after a while I got up to post to my blog and sleep properly.
* a pic from the quilt show in October. *

No comments: