Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Voting Day

I woke up too early and could not go back to sleep. Chris' alarm went off and he got up. I think he read e-mail for awhile, then got ready for work and left. Finally I did go back to sleep and did not get up until 9.
I drank my quart of water while watching a video the Autoimmune Secrets series. At 9:41 I paused it to get dressed and grab my bag of fleece strips.
I jumped in the car and thanks to coordinated traffic lights, was soon sitting at a table with Beverly, talking to the rest of the group. I handed out lip balms and then resume crocheting the fleece rug already in progress.
After the group broke up, Beverly and I went walking around the neighborhood. It was quite windy and cold. When we got back to the church, she had to go to work and I went to get kimbap. While at the Asian store, I gave a lip balm to the Korean lady who owns the place. Then I went home.
I ate kimbap and kimchi while finishing the video. Then I watched some tapping videos from a series that my tapping buddy suggested.
I paused the second one to use the remaining daylight to audition fabrics for a border. Several looked good, but I still felt like the light wasn't bringing out the true colors. Really, I wanted to stand back and look from a distance, but there isn't enough room in this house. I voted for the fabric that was least likely to go with anything else.
I resumed the second audio. While it was playing, I cut up the jicama into small pieces. I threw out the worst ones and juiced the rest. I put the pulp back in with the juice and added a probiotic. Since jicama contains prebiotic fiber, I thought it might make a good substrate for growing good bacteria.
When Chris came home from work, he brought two boxes from the post office. But I did not have time to open them. We left right away to find the voting place. And we had to drive through afternoon traffic to do it. When we got there, the parking lot was so busy that we barely found a parking space. We went inside the fellowship hall and waited in line for our ballots. I took mine to a carel to read. I had asked Chris earlier who he was going to vote for and he named a write-in candidate, unless there was a third party candidate on the ballot. Well, there was no third party, and I could not remember the name he had mentioned. So I continued on to read through the three referendums: they were all for continuing property taxes for the school system. District one is paying .95 on $100 of property value. After I made my decision on those, I decided any name for the write-in vote would do, more as a message that neither candidate was suitable.
On the way home, Chris headed toward Publix for wine and spices for a pork dish he wanted to make for another party at work. By the tine we got home, we had been gone for two hours. Traffic accounted for the extra.
I made hummus and ate roasted cabbage and seed crackers. We watched an episode of Miss Marple. Chris went to bed, coughing and blowing his nose. I stayed up to write my blog, if I can remember what all happened today. I also took my evening supplements and vitamin C.

No comments: