Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Years Eve

It was another long night spent trying to breathe. I got up at some point and did exercises and stretches designed to get lymph moving. A little yoga, too. I put some eucalyptus on my hand to sniff when I went back to bed, but the scent dissipated pretty quickly. The exercises helped enough to partially open one nostril. I also put my knee pillow behind my head so my head and shoulders were elevated and I went to sleep.
When I got up, Chris was already up. He boiled water for tea and for steam. While the tea was steeping, he poured boiling water in the bathroom sink and I added drops of peppermint and eucalyptus. Sadly, even though I had pushed hard on the drain stopper, the water trickled out. So I boiled some more. But that did not stay either. Still, two facials was a nice bonus.
I read a few e-mails and deleted the rest. I took some of the stitching out of the purse lining and re-cut it. Then I went looking for a pair of socks to keep my feet warm. I got sidetracked when I remembered an actor that I wanted to look up. But as it turns out he hadn't been in anything I had seen before.
Then I got dressed and put on socks and earrings. Gotta keep those holes from healing shut. I mixed up more chia/flax for today's breakfast and future breakfasts. Then I made and ate breakfast while listening to an audio and playing solitaire.
Chris took a shower and went to the grocery store. I took advantage of the daylight and worked on the purse. While I was working, he came home, put away the groceries and started a movie called Bright. I resewed the lining. I handstitched two halves of a magnetic clasp to the inside. I made straps by folding strips in towards the center and stitching the folds together. I pinned them to the bag and folded the edges of the inner bag and outer bag to match. Then I went looking for matching thread. As daylight was waning, it got harder to do. I finally decided on a blue-grey thread. I loaded it in the machine with white thread in the bottom. Sewing the edges was going to be tricky so I left it for broad daylight tomorrow.
I sat with Chris and watched the rest of the movie. I had to close my eyes at times. There was violence and constant bad language. But other than that... It had an interesting story line.
I ate a bowl of soup and scrolled through Facebook feeds looking for amusing stuff.
Anna called me on Facebook. We talked to her and Terry and said hello to their kids and the kids from next door. We got to see the Star Wars quilt that Anna made for Terry.
We watched one episode of Travelers and that seemed to be the end of season 2. So we switched to Voyager and watched two episodes.
I needed two games of solitaire before I could focus on my blog. I wrote down what I could remember. And now, are we going to bed, or staying up to greet the new year? Happy New Year, y'all.
* From the quit show *

No comments: