Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Paying attention to tension

I got up around 8. My ear itched like crazy (and like normal) so I scratched it and sprayed it with magnesium oil. Yikes! Then I stuck a cotton ball soaked in witch hazel behind my ear and left it there.
I tried to comb my hair but it would not cooperate. I drank a quart of water while checking e-mail. I looked at recipes for home made hair spray.
I was going to make up supplements for the week, but discovered that I had one left from the previous batch. So I used it to make breakfast. I also took an E3 and then ate breakfast while looking at more e-mail.
I cut the backing fabric for the rail fence top in half and sewed the selvedge edges together so it would be ready for sandwiching. I put it in the box with the top.
I traced and cut a circle of cardboard to stabilize my wreath. But then I didn't know how to attach it.
I checked my e-mail one last time and saw a message from Mary the organist. I jotted her a reply and headed out. I found a box on the front porch and moved it inside.
Then I went to Beverly's house. She had a serger that the dog had tangled the threads. So we clipped the thread mess off, and rethreaded it. But the stitches were not good. So we tweaked the tension while sewing a dozen samples or more. I was ready to give up when it occurred to me that the thread might not be properly seated in all the tension discs. So I sawed the thread in each disc and then – perfect tension.
It was 2:30 by then and threatening to rain, so we said goodbye and I drove home. On the way I passed the chapel and its lot was full of cars. I wondered what was going on there at 3 in the afternoon?
When I got home, I checked the house mail – nothing. Then I checked e-mail. Mary had responded, wondering if I could play flute and trombone back to back on Christmas Eve. So I tried it and it was ok.
Then, as I added notes to my blog, something happened. The window closed and I lost everything for today. I recreated as best I could what I had done this morning.
I made up a batch of supplements for the next 12 days. I took a break to eat supper – a bowl of veggie soup with pulled pork. Then I made up 10 days worth of evening supplements. I added three to my Swanson cart. When I have enough for free shipping, I will submit the order.
Michele called Chris to play ARC, the dinosaur game. I took a box of pitted dates and stuffed them with almonds. I pinned two Christmas panels to the walls, one in the foyer and one over the piano. I pinned my Christmas wreath to the cardboard circle and attached it to a ribbon and hung it on the front door. Then I made a mug of bone broth and ate a section of aloe. I put filtered water in the coffee pot for tomorrow and added more to the filter unit.
Chris ended his game with Michele. Then we watched two episodes of Voyager. We both nearly fell asleep. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to finish my blog post for today.

No comments: