Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Caroling out in the ... rain

Other than heavy rain, it was a usual Wednesday morning, with exercise, meditation, and coffee. But I had to rush the cleaning afterward because my massage was scheduled for 12:30. I took a swipe at the bathrooms, then took a shower. I had oiled my hair and did not get out quite as much oil as I wanted. But I got dressed anyway and headed out.
When I got there, she was ready. She put stones in the warmer to heat up. She started with just her hands, but when the stones were hot, she used them one at a time to run over my back, my arms and my legs.
When it was over, I paid her and we set a time for next week. Then I went home.
I cleaned the kitchen. I made a loaf of bread. I filled the hall tub while cleaning the masterbath. I dissolved Epsom salt, pink salt, and baking soda in the water. I put an audio on and listened while I soaked. It is not a very comfortable tub. Then I laid on the infrared heating pad to induce sweating. I got dressed again and went for a quick walk.
I was making breakfast when Chris came home from work, late. He put brussels sprouts in a baking dish and drizzled them with olive oil and spices. Then he went to the Catholic chapel on post for a confession mass – or something like that.
When 6pm rolled around, I left for our Lutheran church. Two choir members were inside, so I went inside, too. Kurt handed out maps. Within 15 -20 minutes more people had arrived, including the choir director. She handed out song booklets and gave out driving assignments. I rode with Elaine and Susan and Roz. Susan used her phone GPS to find the houses. At each house, the choir went inside and sang songs, then went to the next house. We ended up at Jim and Barbara's house. We put our cookies or treats on the diningroom table and sang holiday songs. We looked through all their Christmas decorations. There was a decorated tree in every room! We ate the treats. I stuck to my dates with almonds.
Finally the party broke up and Elaine took us back to the church. There was no way to get back to base before Gate 8 closed. So I called Chris and he said to go down 565 and take the Gate 9 exit. I did not know the quickest way to 565, so I went to gate 8 first. The green light was on (yes – holiday hours?) but then I saw the barricades up. Sigh. I took Jordan to 565. I could not see the lane markings because of the rain, but there were cars in front of me so I followed them, hoping they could see better than I could.
565 had more traffic than I expected. But once I merged, I was ok. I stayed kind of to the right. It was two exits down. And what a funny exit it was. But I followed it around to Research Road. I showed my ID to the guard and followed the car ahead of me to know where to U-turn and where to turn right. Soon I was home.
There were crispy brussels sprouts on the stove. Apparently by the time Chris came home from chapel, they were overdone. I ate most of what was left.
Then Chris and I watched one episode of Voyager. He went to bed. I stayed up to blog and take my evening supplements.
* The wreath I hung yesterday. *

No comments: