Thursday, December 28, 2017

The audit

I allowed myself to sleep in because I didn't get any sleep the night before. I woke up feeling back to normal. I unloaded the dishwasher while I swished. I read e-mail for a bit, then I boiled some ginger slices in a quart of water on the stove and dissolved a cup of Himalayan salt into it. I added that to a tub of hot water, along with almost 2 cups of Epsom salts. I relaxed in the bath while listening to an interview.
When the water cooled off, I washed up and got dressed. I made and ate breakfast, then grabbed my tablet and some scratch paper.
I drove to Stitchits. There wasn't time to sew but I got to chat with a few people and I handed out lip balms. Then I raced off to the library to do an audit with the treasurer of the local chapter of the modern quilt guild. Neither one of us had any experience with accounting, but she had a print out from her sister on auditing for small groups. So we went line by line. For some things, it was suggested just to take a random sample. So we did. And when we filled out the balance form, it all added up, including the one mistake we found for 20 cents which we think was a bank error. I realized that audits are not about the math. Then we talked about health issues before we split up.
On the way home, I stopped at the bank to deposit the check Cecily gave me for Christmas and to get cash for my massage. I decided it was easier just to cash the check. Then afterward, I realized that there was probably no paper trail. How do accountants keep track of such things?
When I got home, Chris told me William had called, so I called him back. I opened the package Chris had picked up at the post office. Then I read e-mail for a bit. I went out to get the house mail, which was mostly ads. I put some leftovers in a bowl to heat for supper. I started listening to an interview. The man spoke about the energy of Tesla's purple plates. So I looked into it and decided to buy the smallest disc available to try it out.
Then I turned my attention to the purse. It was too dark to work on the trim (black thread on black fabric) so I looked up the directions for the inside of the purse. I chose some fabric for the pockets and cut them out.
Then Chris had the latest DVD from Netflix cued up. So we watched all the episodes of F-Troop on it. In one episode, there was a character who was too much like Maxwell Smart to be a coincidence. When we were done watching the DVD, Chris went to bed while I looked into which came first: F-Troop or Get Smart. They both started in 1965. But according to Wikipedia, the F-Troop character B Wise, was a parody of Maxwell Smart.
Then I focused on writing up my day so I could go to bed.
* I didn't take any pics today because I left my phone at home. *

No comments: